We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dublin airport- terminal 1.

Coleraine, United...
5 posts
Save Topic
Dublin airport- terminal 1.

Hi. Can someone tell me if I can drive up to terminal 1 to collect passenger off a flight or where would best place within airport to arrange pickup at 8:00am in morning. Many thanks

Dublin
Level Contributor
1,028 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dublin airport- terminal 1.

If they are waiting outside the arrivals door when you drive up you should be able to stop to place luggage in boot of car. You will not be able to wait for any length of time. Other than that park in the short term car park as I generally do but try and time it to save on parking charges.

Dublin, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Austria
Level Contributor
23,060 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dublin airport- terminal 1.

yes, if you are sitting in your car, you can get maybe 15 mins before being asked to move on. but you have a better chance actually using the departure level, making sure that your arrival knows to go up one floor. otherwise, drive around to the maxol filling station and get your arrival to phone you when exiting the arrivals hall.

I should mention that arrivals pick up needs your arrival to cross at the pedestrian lights and walk through the st carpark, past the shop and then over the bus stop area.

Limerick, Ireland
Level Contributor
4,857 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Dublin airport- terminal 1.

Meet by the Vodafone store

see airport map for terminal 1 at

dublinairport.com /

find out the flight number of the arriving

flight and type into Google -

the night before to see progress

E.G. UA23 is United air from EWR to Dublin-

departs 19:00 arrives 07:00 next day

times are local

Mentioned in this post
Dublin
Dublin
County Dublin, Ireland
Oslo
Destination Expert
for Norway, Oslo
Level Contributor
15,757 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Dublin airport- terminal 1.

Dublin airport has it's own app for smart phones with arrival times. However doesn't help much as time from landing to coming out of airport could be anything from 20 mins to over an hour depending on passport control, baggage etc. etc. Otherwise follow nakagoli's suggestion - wait outside area until your passenger calls, then meet at departures level.

5. Re: Dublin airport- terminal 1.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 November 2014, 05:16