We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Quiet hotel in Dublin -- on St. Pat's weekend?

usa
Level Contributor
107 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Quiet hotel in Dublin -- on St. Pat's weekend?

I'll be in Dublin for Sat and Sun night, March 15, 16. Yup. St. Pat's weekend. (It's a work trip, so I didn't have a choice on dates and didn't realize it was St. Pat's weekend until I just started looking for hotels.)

So, will Dublin be fun or insane? And can anyone recommend a quiet hotel so we can enjoy the city during the day and sleep well at night?

Or should we go elsewhere?

Limerick, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Limerick, Killarney
Level Contributor
26,453 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Quiet hotel in Dublin -- on St. Pat's weekend?

Its actually St Patrick's weekend.

I would suggest you consider another location, if you want quiet. Dublin is not the place to be that weekend if you want to avoid crowds. And they will be putting restrictions in place for the parades as well.

Cork, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Cork
Level Contributor
3,047 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Quiet hotel in Dublin -- on St. Pat's weekend?

Just stay a bit outside the centre.

There are a number of hotels around Sandymount and Ballsbridge, which give easy city centre access, but which should also be away from the mayhem.

County Dublin...
Level Contributor
26,063 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Quiet hotel in Dublin -- on St. Pat's weekend?

This one still has availability.

www.fourseasons.com/dublin/

usa
Level Contributor
107 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Quiet hotel in Dublin -- on St. Pat's weekend?

Lovely. But quite a bit out of price range. One guide book recommends staying further out on the public transit line. But I'm wondering if there will be enough access on the weekend.

Dublin
Level Contributor
914 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Quiet hotel in Dublin -- on St. Pat's weekend?

Suggest you look at www.royalmarinehotel.ie. Lovely hotel, very easy to access city centre via public transport, and has plenty to offer in terms of fab walks and great restaurants in the surrounds.

Cork, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Cork
Level Contributor
3,047 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Quiet hotel in Dublin -- on St. Pat's weekend?

What is your budget? The Sandymount Hotel and the Herbert Park Hotel are both in the same area as the Four Seasons, but are a good bit cheaper. With the weekend that's in it, they are still considerably more expensive than normal though.

usa
Level Contributor
107 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Quiet hotel in Dublin -- on St. Pat's weekend?

Thanks. I'll check out these hotels. Would love to stay under 150 Euro / night. Have a feeling that may be difficult to do on this weekend.

Dublin
Destination Expert
for Dublin
Level Contributor
4,451 posts
260 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Quiet hotel in Dublin -- on St. Pat's weekend?

www.mespilhotel.com/…

schoolhousehotel.com/…

…hilton.com/en/…index.html

County Dublin...
Level Contributor
26,063 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Quiet hotel in Dublin -- on St. Pat's weekend?

This one will come in under budget.

www.hamptonhotel.ie/

10. Re: Quiet hotel in Dublin -- on St. Pat's weekend?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 December 2014, 06:19