We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dublin / Ballina visit: Recommendations for a single female

Exeter
Level Contributor
1 post
33 reviews
Save Topic
Dublin / Ballina visit: Recommendations for a single female

Happy New Year

I am coming over to Ireland for 7 days at the end of January to do some family research.

I am staying in Dublin for 3 nights and then driving over to Ballina for 4 nights. I would like a good hotel in Dublin (have stayed at the Fitzwilliam bfore on a past visit) and having read many reviews I am still unable to make a choice.

Are there any other solo lady travelers out there who have stayed in Dublin and have a good hotel to recommend please? I would like somewhere smart that has a good restaurant and bar in which I won't feel too self conscious at being on my own.

I though that when I get to Ballina I would stay at The Ice House Hotel - does anyone have any information on that hotel for me?

Many thanks all

Grayslake, Illinois
Level Contributor
2,062 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dublin / Ballina visit: Recommendations for a single female

Hi, I've stayed at the Westbury, and can recommend it. It has a great location, just off Grafton St. Beautiful hotel, very good service.

Dublin is such a friendly, relaxed city - I've never felt self-conscious anywhere there.

2. Re: Dublin / Ballina visit: Recommendations for a single female

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 January 2015, 05:18