We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Winter Olympics Viewing

Which Dublin hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
los angeles
Level Contributor
277 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Winter Olympics Viewing

Hi,

I'll be in Dublin for work during a good part of the Olympics. I especially want to make sure to see the men's hockey gold medal game which will be on Sunday, 23 February. I apologize if this is a stupid question, but...will it probably be on one of your regular (meaning I can see it in my hotel room) TV stations? If not, can I assume it will be on in a sports bar and if so, any recommendations near my hotel? I'll be at the Westin.

Thank you in advance for your help!

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
2,230 posts
172 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Winter Olympics Viewing

more than likely it will be on one of the local stations - email the Westin and ask what stations they have available.

Ireland
Level Contributor
3,271 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Winter Olympics Viewing

Your room should have BBC, if so BBC has extensive coverage

www.bbc.com/sport/0/winter-olympics/25213838

dublin,ireland
Level Contributor
49 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Winter Olympics Viewing

will be shown on bbc {uk state Broadcaster) so find out if hotel has this station be aware of time differences as Russia 4hours ahead of

ireland you will not see any bars showing ice hockey as mainly show soccer rugby and gaelic games

ice hockey not a popular sport in ireland

los angeles
Level Contributor
277 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Winter Olympics Viewing

I didn't think I was going to have much luck finding it in a bar - so it's very good news that the BBC will be showing it! Thank you all for your help, it is greatly appreciated!

1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: Winter Olympics Viewing

Woolshed pub in the city centre on Parnell st has loads of hockey games. They're showing the gold medal game this weekend!

Dublin, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Dublin, Agadir
Level Contributor
4,297 posts
511 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Winter Olympics Viewing

Yes, the Woolshed bar shows most sports on their many TV's and big screens. It depends what time the hockey is on and if it clashes with more popular sports but they have many TV's and usually divide them up with whatever sports are on. The atmosphere is great also :)

dublin,ireland
Level Contributor
49 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Winter Olympics Viewing

should be on bbc2 channel in your hotel room unlikely to be on in any bar which would be showing rugby

soccer or hurling what time is final on: russia is 4 hours behind ireland ttme zone

Maryland
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas, Washington DC, County Donegal, Western Ireland
Level Contributor
51,559 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Winter Olympics Viewing

Isn't Russia "ahead" of Irish time?

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
4,579 posts
184 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Winter Olympics Viewing

Just to echo what Professor_Sparrow and Becca have said, it's on in The Woolshed. Here's a link to their schedule. They are also showing the semis and the bronze medal game.

http://www.woolshedbaa.com/dublin/whats-on/

Dublin, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Dublin, Agadir
Level Contributor
4,297 posts
511 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Winter Olympics Viewing

Yes, Russia is ahead of Irish time ....... 'hill16ontour' contradicted his previous post with the time difference.