We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cheap Eats - Dublin Traveler Article on TA

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
4,586 posts
184 reviews
Save Topic
Cheap Eats - Dublin Traveler Article on TA

I noticed that the Cheap Eats article here on TADublin wasn't all that up to date. I was trying to update it but it was a bit all over the place, I've completely rewritten it, I hope no one minds! I've kept everything that was useful from the original article and updated and added to it while taking out anything closed or irrelevant.

It's a work in progress! If anyone could add anything they've heard about that would be really cool. It's time to dispel the rumour that Dublin is overpriced when it comes to good food!

tripadvisor.ie/Travel-g186605-s504/Dublin:Ir…

I'd have put this in the comments section but for some reason I wasn't able to add on to the article!

Dublin Ireland
Level Contributor
2,142 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cheap Eats - Dublin Traveler Article on TA

Good work Lolly

Dublin
Level Contributor
2,283 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Cheap Eats - Dublin Traveler Article on TA

What, no Supermacs?!?!?!?!

Dublin
Level Contributor
2,283 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Cheap Eats - Dublin Traveler Article on TA

On a more relevant note, is there a guideline as to what constitutes "cheap"? I don't want to go adding anywhere that will skew the average upwards too much. Are we talking under a tenner for lunches and maybe under €20 for dinner?

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
4,586 posts
184 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cheap Eats - Dublin Traveler Article on TA

I'm glad no one seems to be put out that I eradicated the original article ... phew!

What's cheap? How long is a piece of string? My personal definition would be under €10 for lunch... though under €5 would be nice and well worth sharing here! Dinner is different... I think under €25 for two courses is good, even better if it's BYOB. Would be happy to pay less though!

Everyone's different, some places are incredibly good value at the moment, loads of great specials too.

Don't get me started about Supermacs!

Dublin Ireland
Level Contributor
2,142 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cheap Eats - Dublin Traveler Article on TA

There is great value in Dublin for good food at the moment, if you know where to look.

I have recently been horrified to see some establishments go back to the 2 sitting rule which IMO really isn't good for punters.

I'll see if I have any other suggestions to add to your good work lolly.

Saginaw, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Western Ireland
Level Contributor
7,890 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Cheap Eats - Dublin Traveler Article on TA

Well done, Lolly and all who have contributed.

Maybe some of these might work:

http://www.cheapeats.ie

www.menupages.ie/cuisines/cheap_eats/dublin

Maybe, some of the Special Offers on Menupages:

http://www.menupages.ie

Mention of a few locations outside of Dublin, as well:

irishtimes.com/news/consumer/welcome-to-the-…

County Dublin...
Level Contributor
27,040 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Cheap Eats - Dublin Traveler Article on TA

Your input is invaluable.

Well done and many thanks.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
162 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Cheap Eats - Dublin Traveler Article on TA

This site might be useful for here - basically lunch (usually) for a fiver.

http://eatforafiver.com/

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
4,586 posts
184 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Cheap Eats - Dublin Traveler Article on TA

Great links there folks thank you, I'll add them into the article later! I love the cheapeats and eatforafiver blogs! :)

10. Re: Cheap Eats - Dublin Traveler Article on TA

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 February 2015, 06:19