We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dublin/Wexford

Which Dublin hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
36 posts
36 reviews
Save Topic
Dublin/Wexford

Hi ...

I know it's early to ask but I will be attending a wedding in August in Wexford. The event is on Sat but plan to arrive the Sunday prior. I am reading that the major attractions are all within walking distance of one another. I will be at the Arlington Hotel O'Connel Bridge. Should I bother with a three day rambler pass for us(we are two adults one child), of just catch the airlink into the city center, and make our way to and from Wexford back to Dublin? I was thinking ,maybe just do Airlink and then cab it to/form the train station(s).

Lots of options..just trying to get a handle on what might be best and trying not to buy a pass that I won't get much use out of. Any input would be great!!

OH...and is there a boat that goes to Wexford (or Rosslare) from Dublin??? I didn't see one but I thought I'd ask!

Dublin
Level Contributor
2,173 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Dublin/Wexford

From O'Connell Bridge to Connolly Station is only a 10 minute walk so no need for taxi trips. No boat to Rosslare, it's faster by bus or train.

You may not need a Rambler ticket, most attractions are within walking distance. However, as it includes the bus to the airport, it may be worthwhile value.

Ireland
Level Contributor
559 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Dublin/Wexford

The rail journey from Dublin to Wexford (Rosslare Harbour train) is a very scenic one. Sit on the left facing forward for the best views.

Most of the trains have a catering trolley which will come to your seat.

A €9.99 fare each way should be possible if you book ahead (book around a month ahead).

Wexford town and surrounds have quite a lot of interest. Aside from shopping there's the Irish National Heritage Park on the outskirts of town. Johnstown Castle & Gardens plus the fishing village of Kilmore Quay are short bus journeys away.

The rail station is very close to the centre of Wexford town.

Hope you have an enjoyable visit.

Edited: 21 February 2014, 00:08
Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
36 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dublin/Wexford

OOO fantastic! @ scampibear -well it looks like the rambler three day will be good for us, better to have it amd be able to use I guess, and the round trip to the airport may make it worth while, but as it gets closer I guess I will revisit, but thanks so much for your advise...

@ visitourist -- when I book my ticket on the train to Wexford I guess I will need to figure out which seat to choose that's facing forward on the left side! The wedding is in Johnstown castle! That's my big draw..when am I ever going to see anyone get married in a castle?!

Oh one last question...for the ferry to Holyhead from Dublin...Irish Ferries or Stena??

Thanks once more for your time..

4. Re: Dublin/Wexford

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 February 2015, 06:18