We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Temple Bar

Florence, Italy
Level Contributor
13 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Temple Bar

Hello,

First thanks in advance. This forum has been a huge help.

I'm going to be traveling with a few friends of mine to Dublin. Were all young 20s and looking for some good pubs. Is temple bar the place to be or is it touristy. We wouldn't mind getting off the beaten path and finding a truly Irish pub w locals.

Edited: 23 February 2014, 17:00
Dublin, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Dublin, Agadir
Level Contributor
5,056 posts
542 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Temple Bar

Temple Bar is the area to go if you want a bit of fun with everything all in the one place. It is touristy but it can be a good place with lots going on in and around the area. Some less touristy pubs but also close to Temple Bar would be The Stag's Head, The Dame Tavern or The Foggy Dew. They are all just off Temple Bart 'strip'. I would personally recommend The Brazen Head which is just 10 minutes walk from Temple Bar or Hughes Bar in Chancery Place if you want real Irish music played by regulars who just gather and play every night. Hughes is most definitely not done for the tourist crowd as musician's just get together and jam with each other Irish style.

tripadvisor.ie/Restaurant_Review-g186605-d18…

tripadvisor.ie/Attraction_Review-g186605-d19…

tripadvisor.ie/Attraction_Review-g186605-d21…

tripadvisor.ie/Restaurant_Review-g186605-d69…

Edited: 23 February 2014, 18:39
County Dublin...
Level Contributor
27,387 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Temple Bar

This one is fun.

www.gogartys.ie/

Ventry, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Dingle Peninsula
Level Contributor
7,473 posts
137 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Temple Bar

Mulligan's, The Oval and the The Long Hall are old traditional Dublin pubs in the city centre

Florence, Italy
Level Contributor
13 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Temple Bar

Appreciate it everyone. They look like great options.

Hays, Kansas
Level Contributor
71 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Temple Bar

To the right of the screen should be a list of the "Top Questions About Dublin." One of the questions is "How do I organize my own traditional pub crawl?" A Dublin native has laid out several itineraries in a variety of Dublin locations. If you don't want to do the whole crawl, his lists should give you some great ideas about pubs around the city center.

Florence, Italy
Level Contributor
13 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Temple Bar

Lee thanks so much. That seems like a great list and a great find. Look forward to trying it out. Appreciate it.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
40 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Temple Bar

Some bars (mini crawl) i would reccommend;

Cassidys Westmoreland St

The Quays bar, Temple Bar

The Foggy Dew, Temple Bar

The Hairy Lemon (Stephens Green)

P. Macs (Opposite Hairy Lemon)

But all mentioned bars are great craic

8. Re: Temple Bar

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 March 2015, 06:22