We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dublin Viking Tour

Scituate MA
Level Contributor
47 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Dublin Viking Tour

My 10 year old wants to go on the Viking Tour (okay, I do too). We will be staying at Ashling House B & B on Upper Drumcondra Rd. and have a choice as to where to get the tour: Patrick Street near St. Patrick's Cathedral, or St. Stephen's Green North opposite top of Dawson Street.

Any ideas on which may be easier to get to for 10 am on a Saturday via public transportation or taxi?

Thanks,

Patty

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
213 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dublin Viking Tour

Hi Patty,

It's much of a muchness but I'd suggest St. Patricks if you're going to go by taxi. It'll save you going right into the city centre. Also, I'm almost 100% sure the tour starts there so you'll get good seats! I don't think any buses from Drumcondra go to St. Stephens Green.

Bee

Scituate MA
Level Contributor
47 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dublin Viking Tour

Thank you Bee!

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
600 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dublin Viking Tour

If you get the 16 or 16A bus from Drumcondra Road, it will leave you on George's Street and Stephen's Street Lower. From there it is a 5 minute walk to the departure point at Stephen's Green North. They leave every half hour from Patrick's Cathedral and Stephen's Green and both take the same route I think.

Here is a map showing George's Street and Stephen's Green. www.softguide-dublin.com/maps/l49o51.html

Taxis can be expensive, and if they keep striking, they may not even be available that day! The bus journey should be no more than 20 minutes.

Destination Expert
for Dublin
Level Contributor
3,200 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Dublin Viking Tour

It is best to take it from Stephens Green I reckon. You can get any of the 11 buses, ie 11, 11A, 11B, 11C to Kildare Street which is the next street over from Dawson Street. You can also get the 13s to Nassau Street which is perpendicular to Dawson Street.

The 16 is the closest to Patricks Cathedral from Drumcondra and it will leave you a 5 minute walk away using side streets but for someone unfamiliar it would be a longer walk on the main streets!!

I would go with Stephens Green, there are loads of buses going near there from Drumcondra.

see www.dublinbus.ie/your_journey/viewer.asp…

click on any route number for times

Destination Expert
for Dublin
Level Contributor
3,200 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Dublin Viking Tour

in my last post I meant any bus with 13 on it and not 13s, ie: 13 or 13A. Just in case there is any confusion!!

6. Re: Dublin Viking Tour

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 August 2009, 22:19