We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Two days in Dublin, 3 adults, where to stay, what to do?

Arlington...
1 post
2 reviews
Save Topic
Two days in Dublin, 3 adults, where to stay, what to do?

My sister, brother-in-law and I will be in Dublin for 2 days and want to be in a safe, semi-quiet area (or at least quiet hotel!) that is close (hopefully walking distance) to the sights. Any suggestions? We are in our late 40s and early 50s so are not looking for any late night partying but looking to be near fun/interesting sights in Dublin for our short stay. We're not ready for the rocking chair but we had initially planned to stay in Temple Bar area as a real Guinness in an Irish pub sounded great and it seemed walking distance to everything. But now I'm seeing lots of complaints about noise at hotels in that area, which I definitely don't want as we will be coming off a long flight and I'm a light sleeper! Thanks!

Beaufort, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Galway
Level Contributor
3,992 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Two days in Dublin, 3 adults, where to stay, what to do?

http://www.centralhoteldublin.com/

This place has a good reputation though I've never been myself. It is centrally located for most of the attractions. ( If you go onto "location" on their website, it lists individually, the attractions nearby.

Dublin
Destination Expert
for Valletta
Level Contributor
8,418 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Two days in Dublin, 3 adults, where to stay, what to do?

Have a look at the Leeson Bridge hotel and apartments it is within walking distance to most places in Central Dublin has a bus route outside the door and a short walk to the Luas tram line. Plenty of restaurants and pubs around and some of the apartments sleep 3 with a decent breakfast.

County Dublin...
Level Contributor
28,861 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Two days in Dublin, 3 adults, where to stay, what to do?

A budget would help. And do you require one room or two?

Albuquerque, New...
Level Contributor
1,154 posts
166 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Two days in Dublin, 3 adults, where to stay, what to do?

My brother and I stayed here a while back--http://www.mespilhotel.com/. It is about a 15 minute walk to St. Stephen's Green, in a nice quiet area. You are right about Temple Bar, it is noisy and crowded. The pubs there are also noisy and crowded with tourists.

Dublin, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Sligo, Dublin
Level Contributor
8,900 posts
211 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Two days in Dublin, 3 adults, where to stay, what to do?

Lots of choice in the city centre, depending on your budget and dates. You could check out Brooks Hotel, Buswells hotel, The o'Callaghan group of hotels, Jurys Christchurch....or just put your dates into one of the booking sites and see what suits in your budget. So many great traditional pubs all over the city centre, you can enjoy your Guinness, or two far away from Temple Bar if that is what you want ;-)

6. Re: Two days in Dublin, 3 adults, where to stay, what to do?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 March 2015, 05:20