We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What to do after flight arrives before lodging availability

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
64 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
What to do after flight arrives before lodging availability

We're scheduled to arrive in Dublin around 5a. The apartment we rented isn't available until 4p and luggage can't be stored there prior to that. Any suggestions for what to do during that time? I know we'll be jet lagged and I know we won't want to be roaming around with luggage. Thanks.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
162 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What to do after flight arrives before lodging availability

If it were me I'd pay for a hotel near the airport and just go there and sleep.

Cork, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Cork
Level Contributor
3,047 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What to do after flight arrives before lodging availability

Most hotels will take your luggage before you can check in. You'll also find that some are OK with giving you the room as soon as it is clean, regardless of the official check-in time. So, I'd suggest going there and off-loading your bags and seeing if they can give you an earlier time.

If you have got rid of your bags, it might be easiest to take a HoHo tour to familiarise yourself with the city and work out some options for when you are less jet-lagged.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
4,581 posts
184 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What to do after flight arrives before lodging availability

Any chance of emailing the apartment owners to see if they'll let you store the bags there when you arrive? If not there are a couple of left luggage places in Dublin, there's one at Bus Aras, one across from Connolly Station, one on Talbot St and one on O'Connell Street and probably more too, a quick search of the forums here will give you more information.

I'd definitely do the hoho as suggested above.

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
64 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What to do after flight arrives before lodging availability

Thanks, y'all. I appreciate the advice. The owner had originally told me I'd have to pay a full extra night to get the apartment early but I asked again and they agreed to take half a night's lodging to check in early so my problem is resolved. I'll be back for my advice about other things before too long. 9 weeks to go!!!

Dublin
Destination Expert
for Dublin
Level Contributor
4,459 posts
260 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: What to do after flight arrives before lodging availability

I wonder if there is a business idea here? Collecting someone at the airport from an early morning long haul flight. Providing them with a bed and a shower/internet facilities for a few hours and storing their luggage until they get settled. I will put up 20%.......

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
40 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: What to do after flight arrives before lodging availability

I think i've seen a few places on airbnb that are close to the airport that will pick you up for a tenner and let you rest up and drop you to the bus / aircoach

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
128 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: What to do after flight arrives before lodging availability

glad that the rental agent will let you check in early for a reduce rate. It is a bit tough landing so early and not being able just to drop down and relax, shower, etc. The hotel I stay at will let me store the bags, and then I went and got a HOHO to take up some time until I could get the much wanted shower. Next week for me with an early landing I will stop by Keogh's then watch the Gannon Cup! that should suit me fine.

8. Re: What to do after flight arrives before lodging availability

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 March 2015, 04:19