We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Moving to Dublin - Banking advice

Cairo, Egypt
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Topic
Moving to Dublin - Banking advice

Hello,

i will be moving to Dublin next month, i currently have an account in HSBC here in Egypt, it is within the Visa network, i was wondering what kinds of ATMs to be used in Dublin, what are the daily ceiling rate for cash withdrawal and what is the bank fees for using them , thanks a lot

Limerick, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Limerick, Killarney
Level Contributor
27,019 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Moving to Dublin - Banking advice

The ceiling will be determined by your bank. Not the ATM. There are no fees levied - generally (if there are, you will be notified by the ATM before you use it) - by ATMs but you are subject to the fees determined by your own bank.

Or are you looking at setting up a new bank account in Dublin? If this is the case, you need to make contact directly with a bank. Setting up an account here isn't that straightforward any more.

Dublin
Level Contributor
1,409 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Moving to Dublin - Banking advice

ATMs are everywhere in Ireland - at banks, convenience stores, petrol stations...

Your Visa debit card is accepted everywhere. The withdrawal limit is determined by your own bank - make sure to inform them you will be using the card abroad.

Cairo, Egypt
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Moving to Dublin - Banking advice

Thanks Alot Bean :) I will ask my bank here for the charges, i am also looking for accommodation there, i will be working on facebook, do you happen to have any knowledge on real estate around this area, average rent , .. etc ?

Cairo, Egypt
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Moving to Dublin - Banking advice

Thanks alot :) i will ask my bank

Waterford, Ireland
Level Contributor
6,414 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Moving to Dublin - Banking advice

Have a look on Daft.ie for accommodation information. Accommodation in Dublin is not easy, and very expensive, you will probably have to look at places a distance away from your work, and check out the public transport between the two.

Limerick, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Limerick, Killarney
Level Contributor
27,019 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Moving to Dublin - Banking advice

This is a good place to ask about accommodation in Dublin (and Ireland)

www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=38

7. Re: Moving to Dublin - Banking advice

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 April 2015, 06:15