We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

where to stay in dublin

Which Dublin hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Kansas City
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
where to stay in dublin

My husband and I will be visiting Dublin for the first time. Can anyone recommend a good hotel that is quiet and not too pricey?

Thanks

england
Level Contributor
100 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: where to stay in dublin

Hi

Dublin is quite expensive to stay centrally. Depends on what you are looking for BB or hotel. Prices depend on time of stay. O'Connell Street is probably the most central place, most bus tours start from here.

Jurys hotels have a good selection of hotel in Dublin. They have 2 Jury Inn's 3* in Dublin and approx EUR110 per room per night upwards. One is is Christchurch approx 10-15mins walk to O'Connell Street or Custom House (10min walk away in financial area)

Park Inn hotel is approx EUR100 per night room only, located in Smithfield and about 10min walk from O'Connell St

Gresham hotel & Best Western Royal hotel have great location on O'Connell Street and similar price EUR110-EUR150 a night.

Avoid Temple Bar area as very noisy at night.

Another area to consider is Ballsbridge.

Arlington hotel and Isaacs hotel both have nightclubs/bars, so you may find too noisy. I stayed in Isaacs (opp bus station) and would not recommend it

Ireland
Level Contributor
679 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: where to stay in dublin

Another suggestion a little out of the city is Bewleys Hotel in Ballsbridge

Florence, Alabama
Level Contributor
213 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: where to stay in dublin

You could also try Morrison Hotel we are going in December and paying 150.00 Euro per night and it included full irish breakfest buffet each morning.

Paul

Florence, Alabama
Level Contributor
213 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: where to stay in dublin

I forgot to iunclude and say that the breakfest buffet is not a typical American Hotel Breakfest Buffet very different. I believe I was told if you do not book the room rate that included the breakfest they charge you around 15.00 to 20.00 Euros per person.

Here is the menu I received concerning the buffet items.

BREAKFAST IN HALŌ

Euro

Continental Breakfast Buffet 16.50

Selection of Juices (Orange, Grapefruit, Apple, Cranberry)

Selection of Pastries (Pain au Chocolat, Croissants, Pain aux Raisins, Danishes)

Selection of Cereals (Halō Special, Muesli, Cornflakes, Weetabix, Bran flakes)

Fresh Fruit Salad, Fresh Fruits

Selection of Yogurts

Selection of Cold Platters: Parma Ham, Turkey, Salami, Smoked Chicken

Smoked Salmon, Smoked Mackerel

Irish and French Cheeses

Halō Full Breakfasts (includes the Continental Buffet) 21.50

Morrison Special Full Irish

Sausage, Bacon, Black & White Pudding, Egg, Mushrooms,

Tomato and Sautéed Potatoes

Gratin of Scrambled Eggs and Salmon

All Breakfasts include Tea, Coffee and Toasts

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
246 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: where to stay in dublin

Hi there, You dont say when you will be visiting Dublin but I suggest you have a look on www.laterooms.com to get idea of prices and details of main hotels. If you are willing to take the chance you can get great deals last minute at some top hotels. But try and ensure no big concerts/footballs matches on that weekend as everywhere in the city and nearby will be booked out.

Belfast
1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: where to stay in dublin

I actually would really recommend Hotel Isaacs - jsut back from a weekend there and we loved it - really easy to get to too - we took a bus straight from the airport into the bus station and it is opposite - if you want to be in the city centre you are not going to get a quiet hotel - you need to go out a bit for that - Ballsbridge is nice and quiet but the downside is that it is a long walk into the city. Have a look at bookassist.com as all the Dublin hotels seem to be on this site.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
48 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: where to stay in dublin

Some other good choices in/near the centre: The Mespil Hotel, nice 4* just south of town; the Grafton Capital right in the middle of town (big nightclub though) or the North Star near Conolly station.

The Lansdowne Hotel is also nice.

Alex

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
48 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: where to stay in dublin

Some other good choices in/near the centre: The Mespil Hotel, nice 4* just south of town; the Grafton Capital right in the middle of town (big nightclub though) or the North Star near Conolly station.

The Lansdowne Hotel is also nice.

Alex

Tulsa
Level Contributor
27 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: where to stay in dublin

While there is absolutely nothing special about the Best Western Ashling Hotel, it is quiet and cheap(er). I stayed there in June with my wife and 2 daughters. This hotel is next to Phoenix Park, across the street from the Guinness Brewery and the train station. There is a tram that runs right in front of the hotel, and the open-air bus tours stop just across the street. The hotel is older and a little dated, but the rooms were clean and we felt safe while there. The breakfast each morning was good.

I would probably not stay there again myself, but only because it is about a 30 minute walk to town centre. I would prefer something a little closer next time (my wife liked the walk).

I can tell you more if you are interested.

OkieSweeney

Seaham, United...
Level Contributor
3,467 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: where to stay in dublin

Hi, we are staying at the Best Western Ashling next weekend (bank holiday). Any info. would be much appreciated. Do they provide toiletries and is there a mini bar? Is it easy to get there from the Airport or would you recommend a taxi? Only there for long weekend so what's the 'must see' things you would recommend?

Cheers!