We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New Nearby Places to Visit

St.Julians-Malta
Level Contributor
816 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
New Nearby Places to Visit

Last i been to Dublin I had also the WicKlow Tour, Went to Howth, and Blackrock.Now I am again visting Dublin in Sept with 8 friends of mine .Sure we are takinh the Wild Wicklow Tour,But I wish that I can see some new places too ... What near places of interest and nice villages/Towns one can take from Dublin .. When I went to Howth and Black Rock we used the Dart from train Station near Talbot Street. We will be accommodated in that area .. So it will be easy for us to uses trains .I wish to plan other day outs beside we take the Wild Wicklow Tour ...

THANKS FOR HELP

ANTHONY ARPA

Limerick, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Limerick, Killarney
Level Contributor
27,033 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: New Nearby Places to Visit

Have you been to Glasthule, Sandycove, Dalkey and walked Killiney Hill? You can walk from Glasthule to Sandycove and on to Dalkey and there is a lovely Martello Tower in Sandycove associated with James Joyce jamesjoycetower.com The famous Forty Foot is just beside Sandycove outdoorswimming.ie/Co/Dublin/40_foot.html

Forgot to say, you can get the Dart to Dun Laoghaire and walk to Glasthule from there (minutes) and the pier in Dun Laoghaire is lovely to walk. It is also a tradition to have a Teddy's Ice Cream after you walk the prom!!

Edited: 23 April 2014, 14:11
St.Julians-Malta
Level Contributor
816 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: New Nearby Places to Visit

Thanks Bean

I printed all tips you gave me . But I will check as we are 9 all over 60 + anf few of them cant walk a lot ... But I will have a look at these places ...

Again thanks a lot

DHG
Boston
Level Contributor
457 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: New Nearby Places to Visit

Take the DART to Dun Laoghaire and visit the Shackleton Exhibit right across the street! The Maritime Museum is a bit of a walk, but with a day pass, you can always just re-board the DART and continue on to Dalkey. Those who do not wish to walk further can enjoy lunch at Finnegan's Pub, just down the hill from the DART's exit; the others can continue down the street to explore the town. The Shackleton Exhibit is so interesting; not to be missed! Do look at the Trip Advisor reviews to see if it would be of interest to your group. .

DHG
Boston
Level Contributor
457 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: New Nearby Places to Visit

Taking the DART in the opposite direction, did you visit the Museum of Vintage Radio or the National Transport Museum in Howth? Also, I hope someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe that if you take the other DART route to Howth Junction and Donaghmede (ending in Malahide), you can easily visit the Malahide Castle. It's a very interesting and lovely castle.

St.Julians-Malta
Level Contributor
816 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: New Nearby Places to Visit

Thanks for the tips DHG. I have saved all what you told me ..

DHG
Boston
Level Contributor
457 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: New Nearby Places to Visit

I hope that these day trips work out for you. The Howth Radio Museum is a flat walk all the way 'round the harbor with a bit of an incline to reach the tower, but you might be able to get a taxi at the DART station and the view from there is lovely.

St.Julians-Malta
Level Contributor
816 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: New Nearby Places to Visit

Thanks again DHG

8. Re: New Nearby Places to Visit

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 19 January 2015, 11:05
Whitney, Texas
Destination Expert
for Ireland
Level Contributor
13,827 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: New Nearby Places to Visit

you can get tours to the hill of tara, newgrange, knowth, etc......

10. Re: New Nearby Places to Visit

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 January 2016, 05:16