We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Belfast To Kilkenny

Which Dublin hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Newtownards, United...
1 post
Save Topic
Belfast To Kilkenny

My Wife and I will be travelling from Belfast to Kilkenny on the 13th May 2014. I am familiar with the train journey to Connelly Street station but not to Kilkenny station could some help to advise me what station I would get the train to kilkenny from Dublin.

also we are staying in the Springhill Court Hotel on the Waterford Road Kilkenny,is it possible to get a bus from Kilkenny station to the hotel.

Would appreciate some help please.

Ken

Email : samuel.foster1943@btinternet.com

Dublin
Level Contributor
2,225 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Belfast To Kilkenny

You'll have to change to Heuston Station when you get to Dublin. There's a tram service that runs between the two, takes about 15-20 mins. It should be possible to get a through ticket to Kilkenny from Belfast but it will most likely be a lot cheaper to book the leg to Dublin online with Translink and the Kilkenny leg online with Irish Rail.

FYI it's not wise to include your email on a public forum, you might find yourself in receipt of a whole load of unwanted spam.

Dublin
Level Contributor
7 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Belfast To Kilkenny

You get the train from Kilkenny to Heuston Station, Dublin. From Heuston take the LUAS (tram) to Connolly (about 20 mins) and then the Enterprise to Belfast. You can get tram tickets at the tram stop. Be careful of people begging.

Ireland
Destination Expert
for Dingle
Level Contributor
10,428 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Belfast To Kilkenny

No bus to the Springhill, you'll need a taxi.

4. Re: Belfast To Kilkenny

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 April 2015, 06:16