We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

24 -hour Layover...and Hotel Question

Orlando, Florida
Level Contributor
2,822 posts
128 reviews
Save Topic
24 -hour Layover...and Hotel Question

Hello. I have a 24 hour layover prior to the next leg of my visit to Berlin. Is there a hotel near the airport that is convenient to traveling into the city? Is there a train or other public transportation from the airport?

Quite honestly, I just booked mine and my daughter's air flight to Berlin and return from Paris...and the layover in Dublin was the least expensive. Coincidentally, my college aged -daughter wanted to visit Ireland, so she will get her wish...if only for 24 hours. I have no idea where to go or what to do with this time. Would appreciate any recommendations. We will arrive at 10:00 am. Thank you much.

LFL Worldwide Chauffeur Services
Cultural Tours, Private Tours, City Tours, Taxis & Shuttles
Aircoach
Taxis & Shuttles
Airlink
Taxis & Shuttles
Dublin
Level Contributor
1,874 posts
166 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 24 -hour Layover...and Hotel Question

If all you want is abed for the night, here's afew hotels that are close to the airport

Hilton …hilton.com/en/…index.html

Holiday Inn Express http://www.hiexpressdublin-airport.com/

Crowne Plaza …crowneplaza.com/crowne-plaza-dublin-northwo…

There are two hotels in the Dublin Airport complex -

The Clarion - choicehotels.ie/en/…

The Radisson - www.radissonblu.ie/hotel-dublinairport.

Take a look at TA reviews and decide which one might suit you best

Some of these will have a shuttle service to the airport.

Orlando, Florida
Level Contributor
2,822 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 24 -hour Layover...and Hotel Question

Thank you for your comment. Since our flight arrives at 10:00am, we would like to see some city sights also, in addition to a bed for the night :-)

Dublin, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Dublin, Agadir
Level Contributor
5,496 posts
542 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 24 -hour Layover...and Hotel Question

As the Airport is quite close to the city centre you might be better staying in the city itself and then being able to explore on your doorstep before returning the next morning?

County Dublin...
Level Contributor
28,847 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: 24 -hour Layover...and Hotel Question

Don't stay out by the airport in some soulless chain hotel.

Embrace the town and try to know her.

www.dublincitytours.com/

www.centralhoteldublin.com/

Oslo
Destination Expert
for Norway, Oslo
Level Contributor
14,695 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 24 -hour Layover...and Hotel Question

Another vote for staying in the city. You'll have a place to rest and freshen up before dinner in a wide choice of restaurants, and a short walk back to bed afterwards. In the morning you won't have to get up any earlier, just book a taxi to the airport. The hotel shuttles take nearly as long when you factor in waiting time etc.

Orlando, Florida
Level Contributor
2,822 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 24 -hour Layover...and Hotel Question

Thank you much everyone for the suggestions :-)

7. Re: 24 -hour Layover...and Hotel Question

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 May 2015, 06:16