We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dublin to Ballynoe or Antrim

Toulouse, France
Level Contributor
3 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Dublin to Ballynoe or Antrim

Hi guys!

Any tips how to reach Ballynoe or Antrim with public transportation?

I want to visit the tree tunnels. I don't have a driving license and couldn't find any information either from Belfast to these places... Let alone how to find the tree tunnels!

Thanks!

LFL Worldwide Chauffeur Services
Cultural Tours, Private Tours, City Tours, Taxis & Shuttles
Aircoach
Taxis & Shuttles
Airlink
Taxis & Shuttles
North Coast, N...
Destination Expert
for Northern Ireland
Level Contributor
5,389 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dublin to Ballynoe or Antrim

The Dark Hedges (tree tunnel) is very close to Gracehill Golf Club, Stranocum outside Ballymoney, Co Antrim. It wouldn't be particularly easy to reach by public transport - it would involve getting a train From Belfast (so you need to get the bus or train to Belfast first) to Ballymoney and then probably easiest would be a taxi. But a possible option would be to take the Stones and Thrones tour from Belfast. Information below. This also includes the famous Giant's Causeway plus Dark Hedges as far as I can make out.

citytoursbelfast.com/stones-and-thrones-gian…

Edited: 15 May 2014, 20:38
Toulouse, France
Level Contributor
3 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dublin to Ballynoe or Antrim

Thanks so much! Do you have any idea how much taxi would be?

North Coast, N...
Destination Expert
for Northern Ireland
Level Contributor
5,389 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dublin to Ballynoe or Antrim

It's about 7 or 8 miles from Ballymoney train station so should be about £10 each way. I pay £7 locally for a 5 mile journey if I prebook. I think the bus tour I sent the link to is probably the better option and better value though so do consider both.

4. Re: Dublin to Ballynoe or Antrim

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 May 2015, 10:16