We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transfer from Dublin Airport to Dublin City Centre

Which Dublin hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Portsmouth, United...
3 posts
Save Topic
Transfer from Dublin Airport to Dublin City Centre

Can someone please tell me what low cost bus I need to get from Dublin airport to the Dergvale Hotel, 4 Gardiner Place, Dublin 1? Or reasonably close to the hotel.

Any help will be appreciated.

Shaun

Limerick, Ireland
Level Contributor
4,595 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Transfer from Dublin Airport to Dublin City Centre

take bus 747 ( Dublinbus.ie / )

Use Google MAPS

click on " Directions " type in TO and FROM

click on the Transit logo above

click on " Preview Steps"

enjoy Dublin.

Portsmouth, United...
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Transfer from Dublin Airport to Dublin City Centre

Thanks. We are arriving Monday lunchtime for a concert the following night at the o2. Are there any Dublin City Centre experts who read these posts who could recommend a bar where we could see some live music on a Monday night, prefer rock music if possible, probably difficult on a Monday night but fingers crossed that someone will come up with some ideas. Thanks. Shaun

Destination Expert
for Dublin
Level Contributor
3,131 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Transfer from Dublin Airport to Dublin City Centre

The 747 is an express bus and costs €6. Local bus routes 16 and 41 are cheaper (€2.65 approx) but take longer. They stop close to your hotel at temple street hospital on Doeset street. Alternatively get out at O'Connell street which is one of the Main Streets in the city.

Bruxelles on Harry street (just off Grafton street) is a rock bar but I can't remember if they have live music. There is 3 bars there with different types of rock music playing

Whelans at 25 Wexford street, Dublin 2 is big on the live music scene and many talented local bands play there

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
2,279 posts
175 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Transfer from Dublin Airport to Dublin City Centre

Gypsy Rose on Aston's Quay.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
162 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Transfer from Dublin Airport to Dublin City Centre

Your cash fare will be €3.05 on the 16 or 41 and you must use coins not notes, you can pay for both of you in the one transaction.

Portsmouth, United...
3 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Transfer from Dublin Airport to Dublin City Centre

Thanks for all the help. I do not understand why you need to pay for the bus fare in coins! When we change sterling into euros the exchange places do not hold coins so we will arrive in dublin with only notes. I can probably get a 10 euro note. So what happens when you get on the bus and only have notes. Surely the bus driver will give you change! This sounds quite bizarre to me. Thanks everyone for your help.

Shaun

Dublin, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Sligo, Dublin
Level Contributor
7,473 posts
205 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Transfer from Dublin Airport to Dublin City Centre

Hi Shaun,

Just pop into a shop at the airport and buy a bottle of water - ask for your change in coins.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
2,279 posts
175 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Transfer from Dublin Airport to Dublin City Centre

the machines are designed to only take coins - the machine will not take notes. the refund system if you overpay with coins is bizarre - you must take the receipt to the Head Office of Dublin Bus to exchange it.

another tip is to have the coins ready as you board the bus rather than go fumbling for change - just a pet hate of mine !

jonesboro, arkansas
Level Contributor
208 posts
126 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Transfer from Dublin Airport to Dublin City Centre

Is it better to get a leap card or rambler card for bus travel within Dublin and transfers to/ from airport? Where can I buy these? Help please. I am flying into Dublin airport and going to Ardmore hotel(wife n I). Staying for 3 days. Information available very sketchy. I need to know how to do this.

10. Re: Transfer from Dublin Airport to Dublin City Centre

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 June 2015, 05:15