We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Female Business Attire this time of year...

Which Dublin hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Pt. Pleasant, NJ
Level Contributor
1,872 posts
101 reviews
Save Topic
Female Business Attire this time of year...

I will be in Dublin next week for a conference. Here in the States, we've already switched over to summer business attire. Open-toed shoes, bare legs with our skirts, etc. However, in looking at the weather forecast for next week, I am seeing a high of 15C (59 F) most days, with the ever-present chance of rain each day.

Can someone please advise me on what business attire most women are wearing this time of year? Are you still in boots? with stockings/tights?

Sorry to ask a frivolous question, but I don't want to show up dressed for winter to find everyone dressed for summer, or vice versa!

Waterford, Ireland
Level Contributor
6,414 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Female Business Attire this time of year...

I think most people would make the decision the morning of the conference, depending on the weather :-)

I doubt that summer business attire in Ireland would be bare legs unless we hit a real heatwave. I would suggest something a bit more formal. It does depend a bit on what business you are in and what is normal practice in the company.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
2,280 posts
175 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Female Business Attire this time of year...

best to wear a trouser suit, that way it can be dressed up or down depending on the weather.

Pt. Pleasant, NJ
Level Contributor
1,872 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Female Business Attire this time of year...

Thanks for your responses! As I will be packing for the conference several days in advance,I do not have the luxury of packing multiple outfits for different types of weather. FYI. We go open-toed shoes and bare legged just about everywhere here in the US except for the most formal of jobs. I am a global sales director who travels to Europe all the time. I was just a bit uncertain due to the forecast. Looks like boots and tights will be just fine.

Pt. Pleasant, NJ
Level Contributor
1,872 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Female Business Attire this time of year...

And by example, it is 29C here today (85F) and we all went to the beach this morning. And that's in NJ, just think about how warm it is in Miami or Dallas. You can see why bare legs are the way to go. LOL.

Dublin Ireland
Level Contributor
2,142 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Female Business Attire this time of year...

Currently you would be frozen in Dublin with bare legs or open toed shoes.

Women's business attire that's acceptable anywhere is skirt/dress/trousers. Smart top/shirt and a jacket ( if needed)

If you're prepare to be bare legged in the cold that's no problem. A smart open toed shoe with heel or wedge is fine.

Given the temperatures you've been having, you're likely to feel quite cold. So I'd bring whatever you'd wear in NJ in March.

County Dublin...
Level Contributor
25,685 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Female Business Attire this time of year...

I wouldn't pack the boots though.

7. Re: Female Business Attire this time of year...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 May 2015, 06:15