We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

3 Nights in Ireland this summer

Toronto, Canada
4 posts
1 review
Save Topic
3 Nights in Ireland this summer

Good Morning Great and Knowledgeable Trip Advisors!

I am stopping off in Ireland for 3 nights next month and trying to decide what to do.

I fly in and out of Dublin.

I was planing on landing in Dublin and then getting out of the city for the first 2 nights then spending the third day and night in Dublin.

After doing some research, my original plan to scoot off to Galway but now I am thinking that might be a poor use of time and I am not sure what to do for the first 2 nights and days.

My wife and I are in our 30's and love adventure and unique activity/landscapes. Any ideas that might involve castles and lifelong memories would be greatly appreciated.

Unless people tell me not to, the literary pub crawl in dublin sounds like a great start to an evening and then we can end up at a trendy bar for our big night in Dublin.

I'd love to hear any suggestions you might have.

Cheers!

Limerick, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Limerick, Killarney
Level Contributor
27,151 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 3 Nights in Ireland this summer

There is lots to do on the East Coast of Ireland, and while Galway is lovely, you would make better use of your time staying on the East Coast (this time - Galway will be still there when you return!!).

Glendalough is absolutely beautiful and there are some really nice walks in the area http://www.glendalough.ie/

Toronto, Canada
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: 3 Nights in Ireland this summer

Thanks for the option, I'll take a look now!

Western Ireland...
Destination Expert
for Dingle
Level Contributor
11,689 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 3 Nights in Ireland this summer

For unique, Brú na Bóinne/Newgrange. Trim Castle and the Hill of Tara could also be taken in on that day

Edited: 29 May 2014, 21:27
Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
151 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 3 Nights in Ireland this summer

What dates will you be there? Im there for 3 days end of july, happy too pub crawl with you if you want extra company

Toronto, Canada
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: 3 Nights in Ireland this summer

Thanks, that's pretty helpfull actually.

Toronto, Canada
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: 3 Nights in Ireland this summer

hey, I'm going in June, so I will have to enjoy the pub crawl without you!

Level Contributor
38 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 3 Nights in Ireland this summer

Glendalough is also a very worthwhile trip and has some beautiful mountain hiking combined with historical sites

8. Re: 3 Nights in Ireland this summer

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 June 2015, 05:16