We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Average drink prices?

Seaham, United...
Level Contributor
260 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Average drink prices?

Can anyone tell me how much on average a pint of lager, a half of lager and if poss a vodka/Jack Daniels & mixer costs?

Trying to work out how much spends to take, we like our tipple!!!

Dublin Ireland
Level Contributor
74 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Average drink prices?

Pint of Beer/Larger varies depending on whether it is a basic pub or something slightly up market perhaps with "free entertainment",allow for €4/€5, Vodka €4 ,Jack Daniels €4.50,mixers such as Coke €2.

As with most Cities if you you move from the City centre/away from the Tousist Areas prices drop.

Bridgeport, CT
Level Contributor
259 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Average drink prices?

Can't tell you about the prices of lager, but we just got back from a trip to Co, Clare, Galway, Co. Kerry, Co. Cork and Dublin. The prices for a pint of STOUT were running between 3.20 and 3.50 euros everywhere EXCEPT the Temple Bar area, where they were running about 4.50 euros.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
213 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Average drink prices?

Most of the country pups are substantially cheaper than anywhere in Dublin. Some pubs down the country still leave a big bottle of coke or lemonade on the counter to serve yourself your own mixer...this is fast dying out but you'll still find them in small towns and villages. In Dublin though I'd say about €6.00 for a small bottle of coke and a Spirit.

Bee

Kinsale, Ireland
Level Contributor
151 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Average drink prices?

I was amazed last weekend in Dublin...even for someone who spent many years living there and then moved southwards, I found the price of drinks absolutely ridiculous. Now we were in what I call Cafe for the Insane (cafe en seine) but come on, we must be paying for the millions they put into doing the place up....4 drinks, (1 beer, 3 spirits and 3 mixers) were over 25 euros....and one round I ordered was 45 euros because we asked for 4 shots....total and absolute rip off..... for anywhere decent prices for drinks in Dublin, be warned and stay clear of these places (note drinks also go up after 11....) and go to more local smaller pubs.

Co. Kildare
Destination Expert
for Ireland
Level Contributor
8,800 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Average drink prices?

Just a tip: when ordering a "half" of whatever ask for a "glass" of whatever. So a "half of Guinness" in England would be "a glass of Guinness" in Ireland. I once made the mistake in England (after a long journey when my brain wasn't working) of ordering a glass of whatever the local ale was and the barman (cheek of him) said to me "What do you think we serve the drink in?"

London
Level Contributor
313 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Average drink prices?

Also if you drink lemonade in your spirits, remember to say if you want red or white, I have been living here for 12 years and I still ask for a vodka and white, instead of a vodka and lemonade, I think Ireland is the only place that sells red lemonade.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
14 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Average drink prices?

Does Dublin have a open container law? Can we walk around during the day or night drinking beer in public?

Humptulips...
Level Contributor
3,287 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Average drink prices?

Hi. I know in Clare it's in the works to ban open containers. I think it's the same elsewhere. It's a shame that privilege has been abused to a point where something needs to be done about it. Then again, I guess that applies to a few things. Oh well. Cheers.

9. Re: Average drink prices?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 August 2009, 07:20