We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airport hotel or town hotel in Dublin

Amelia Island...
Level Contributor
23 posts
60 reviews
Save Topic
Airport hotel or town hotel in Dublin

We will arrive in Dublin on Sept 30 with a rental car, early flight on the 1st. Are we better to turn in the car and stay at the airport? Is it easy to get to town for dinner?

Any recommendations for hotel deals at the airport?

Guernsey, United...
Level Contributor
5,199 posts
148 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Airport hotel or town hotel in Dublin

I find airport hotels pretty miserable (anywhere in the world!); have you considered staying in Malahide on the coast? About 20-minute drive from/to the airport :

http://www.malahide.ie/

Edited: 13 July 2014, 21:39
Level Contributor
98 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Airport hotel or town hotel in Dublin

If you want to go out in the city centre id book a hotel there. There are plenty of buses/air coaches that you can take back to the airport to catch your flight

County Dublin...
Level Contributor
26,063 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Airport hotel or town hotel in Dublin

I wouldn't stay out by the airport if I were you.

Please post a nightly budget.

Dublin, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Sligo, Dublin
Level Contributor
7,617 posts
206 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Airport hotel or town hotel in Dublin

Malahide or the City Centre are your best options - don't stay at the airport unless you really have to.

5. Re: Airport hotel or town hotel in Dublin

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 July 2015, 08:15