We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rock N Roll Venue?

Cambridgeshire...
4 posts
Save Topic
Rock N Roll Venue?

Does anyone know of any rock n roll venues in Dublin, we are staying in St Stephen's Green Area? Thanks

Dublin, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Dublin, Agadir
Level Contributor
5,518 posts
542 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rock N Roll Venue?

Lisa, you got some replies and advice in your other post so why start a new one?

Cambridgeshire...
4 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Rock N Roll Venue?

Thank you for advice and links in other post :-) very useful. This is first time ive used this forum, don't know the rules! So I started another post as I Wanted to know if there was a venue for Rock n Roll that just played old music from 40s and 50s?

Dublin, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Dublin, Agadir
Level Contributor
5,518 posts
542 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Rock N Roll Venue?

Lisa, you're fine. It's not about any rules and I am certainly not here to enforce any. lol

I was just making sure you got/seen the other advice but it's probably more convenient for you and others that you stick to the one thread and even adapt to it and ask further questions as you get some opinions. It also helps other posters long after the fact. :)

Welcome to the forums and I hope I didn't scare you off?

Edited: 30 July 2014, 22:35
Cambridgeshire...
4 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Rock N Roll Venue?

No, not at all, thank you for your advice and knowledge.... Just asking specifically about rock n roll as my husband is convinced whilst on a recent flight with ryanair that he saw an advert for a rock n roll venue in dublin that played old music, I think he is confused, and it's Whelans.. Lol

Dublin, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Dublin, Agadir
Level Contributor
5,518 posts
542 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Rock N Roll Venue?

Maybe he seen an advert and wanted to do the Rock 'n' Roll marathon? ;P

http://ie.competitor.com/dublin

Alternatively, I think this could suit him better :)

http://www.gypsyrose.ie/

County Dublin...
Level Contributor
28,898 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Rock N Roll Venue?

Know nothing of RnR, but my two children used enjoy this one.

www.copperfacejacks.ie/

Dublin Ireland
Level Contributor
2,142 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Rock N Roll Venue?

FYI. I would consider the suggestion above to be the antithesis of what you requested.

I am not aware of anywhere in Dublin offering R&R from that period.

Dublin, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Dublin, Agadir
Level Contributor
5,518 posts
542 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Rock N Roll Venue?

I agree with dublinmix ...... I'd steer well clear of 'Coppers' lol

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
162 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Rock N Roll Venue?

Could it have been Duke Special's Gramophone Club? Think that was a bit of a one-off.

See here for details

www.djdukespecial.com

Can't think of any other 50's events.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
24 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Rock N Roll Venue?

The only one I know of is The Dice Bar in Queen Street, Smithfield, Dublin 7. They have a rock and roll night on Sundays, playing rockabilly, western etc. (on the quays - past The Four Courts). You can get a tram from city centre and be there in minutes. If you can't get there for some reason, tune in to Dublin City FM on Fridays at midnight 103.2FM for Billy Lee's JukeBox - that'll rock you!