We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Petrol prices

Which Dublin hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Traralgon, Australia
Level Contributor
58 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Petrol prices

Hi,

Can anyone give me a guideline of unleaded petrol prices in Ireland please?

My daughter and I are travelling around Ireland for 2 weeks from 3rd September 2014.

Thank you in advance.

CH

Dingle, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Dingle
Level Contributor
9,955 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Petrol prices

somewhere between €1.55 and €1.60 per litre for unleaded, slightly cheaper for diesel.

Edited: 03 August 2014, 07:48
Tralee, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Tralee
Level Contributor
3,833 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Petrol prices

€1.50 in Tralee today.

Level Contributor
38 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Petrol prices

There is a website where drivers update prices for all petrol stations and it's usually pretty up to date for most petrol statons www.pumps.ie

Dublin
Destination Expert
for Dublin
Level Contributor
4,404 posts
249 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Petrol prices

I was staying on the north side of Dublin recently in Donabate. I noticed prices as low as €1.50 to €1.54. On returning back home to the other side I notice that the prices can go as high as €1.58.

There are a few garages where I know I can shave a few cents off the price, so when I am passing I always top/fill up. So fill up when you see prices close to €1.50.

Dingle, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Dingle
Level Contributor
9,955 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Petrol prices

Dont forget - its the green nozzle for unleaded petrol and black for diesel, getting it wrong can be expensive.

Traralgon, Australia
Level Contributor
58 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Petrol prices

Thank you one and all for your answers, that helps me with my budget.

CH

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
769 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Petrol prices

Get a diesel if you can, the price was as low as €1.45 a litre and it lasted for ever when me and the girlfriend went touring Southern Ireland last week for a week. Filled up twice on our route in a hyundai i20 or similar small car : Dublin-Old Castle-Galway-Killarney-Dublin.

And when you fill up BEFORE you return the vehicle there is a 24hour credit card petrol station selling fuel for €1.41 per litre so use this to fill up before returning with full tank.

1Baloo

8. Re: Petrol prices

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 August 2015, 05:17