We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Car rental from Dublin Airport

Angleton, Texas
Level Contributor
24 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Car rental from Dublin Airport

I will be needing a car rental for 3 days that will hold 6 people. Possibly two drivers.

Any recommendations on which company to use? And which one would be best on a tight budget?

Dublin, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Austria
Level Contributor
24,562 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Car rental from Dublin Airport

no cars will take 6 people, other than a 7 seater. these will have little or no luggage room for those six! you might be better off going for a minibus. you will just have to trawl the websites of the main rental companies, or try dan dooley. also try gemut with your requirements. he appears to be a reputable broker.

Angleton, Texas
Level Contributor
24 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Car rental from Dublin Airport

Thank you.

I've checked out some rentals via the Dublin Airport website but wasn't sure which one would be a good one to use; inexpensive and reliable, honorable.

I'll check out Don Dooley since I have seen it pop up in other forums that I've come across.

Mentioned in this post
Dublin Airport
Dublin Airport
Dublin, Ireland
Venice, Florida
Destination Expert
for Ireland
Level Contributor
2,788 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Car rental from Dublin Airport

Dooley maintain an office in New Jersey and a US '800' number (available from their website), that is staffed by very helpful individuals. Give them a call and see what they can offer you.

While there are other reputable companies, Dooley's strong suite is their, 'No Surprise" Pricing.

Mentioned in this post
Jersey
Jersey
Channel Islands, UK
Angleton, Texas
Level Contributor
24 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Car rental from Dublin Airport

And that's what I am looking for. No "Surprise! We are hitting you up with extra hidden costs that will cost you an arm and a leg."

Dublin, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Austria
Level Contributor
24,562 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Car rental from Dublin Airport

there are comparison sites availabe for checking what companies have what. i think in the us, you have kayak, and expedia. you could also try travel supermarket. these will list offers which are through brokers and / or direct from rental firms. just make sure that you read the t and c of each offer, as a lot of posters sometimes have a problem with these. if using a direct site, make sure that you are quoted including cdw. there will still be an excess, and this can usually be purchased at point of pick up.

6. Re: Car rental from Dublin Airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 August 2015, 07:16