We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather in September

Angleton, Texas
Level Contributor
24 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Weather in September

Can anyone tell me how the weather is during this time of the year? Chilly? Cool? Cold?

Dingle, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Dingle
Level Contributor
10,601 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather in September

No, no one can tell you this until October, it could be any of those things or all three. And it depends what you are used to, what we call ok you might think was cold.

Angleton, Texas
Level Contributor
24 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather in September

Lol. I live in Texas and I get cold very easily during our "winter" sooooo I'm thinking that I should pack a heavy jacket when I go.

Limerick, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Limerick, Killarney
Level Contributor
26,776 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Weather in September

At the moment, we're having difficulties working out what it will be like next weekend.

Forecasts are alternating between a heatwave and a tail end of a hurricane (genuinely!!) :o)

If worst goes to worst while you are here, you can easily pick up some good value clothing in Penneys.

Angleton, Texas
Level Contributor
24 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Weather in September

Ohhh shopping!!! Lol.

I'll be staying in Rush at a house/apartment right on the beach so I will definitely pack something extra warm. I would like to take a dip in the water but not so sure now.

County Dublin...
Level Contributor
26,510 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Weather in September

September can be a most pleasant month.

Come and enjoy.

Angleton, Texas
Level Contributor
24 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Weather in September

lordkimmage, I'm counting down the weeks and all I can say is that they need to hurry up! I've been dreaming of visiting Ireland for so many years that I still can't believe that I'll be there soon. I just know that I am going to fall in love and never want to go back home.

Dublin Ireland
Level Contributor
2,142 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Weather in September

What we experience as 'hot' weather; I think as a Texan you would still find cold.

I think the nearest US climate I've found to Ireland would be San Francisco.

But figure in lower temps

Hayti, Missouri
Level Contributor
2,424 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Weather in September

I'm visiting in September, and planning for Seattle-like weather. I'm bringing a good raincoat, boots, comfortable sneakers and a pair of hiking shoes. And layers: long and short-sleeved shirts with cardigans and sweaters. And a scarf, hat and gloves. Because I'm assuming the weather is unpredictable.

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
128 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Weather in September

I was there last September(mid) and as a native New Yorker that is a transplant to SW Ohio( and I don't 'do' heat very well) I would call it sweater weather. Now you being from a 'much' warmer climate, I would definitely suggest layering. That is what I always do. A good weatherproof jacket comes in handy. My best travel 'partner' is my LLBean weatherproof jacket. i also like to take scarves. They are both purposeful and can snazz up an outfit without taking up space. My picture icon is from my trip last September. Happy Journeys.

10. Re: Weather in September

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 August 2015, 05:17