We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dublin to Galway

Which Dublin hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Amherst, Wisconsin
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Dublin to Galway

My husband and I are driving from Dublin to Galway the weekend of September 26th. Are there any sites that you would recommend seeing on this drive?

Maryland
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas, Washington DC, County Donegal, Western Ireland
Level Contributor
51,570 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dublin to Galway

Clonmacnoise is a short detour but well worth the stop.

heritageireland.ie/en/…

Edited: 12 August 2014, 21:55
Level Contributor
97 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dublin to Galway

The road from Dublin to Galway is mostly motorway. And it's only about 2-2.5 hours drive depending on traffic etc. What kind of sites are you looking for??

Florida
Level Contributor
1,279 posts
191 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dublin to Galway

www.athlone.ie/ Get off the motorway and explore some of the villages, hate that people don't get to see some of the beautiful villages now. Second to Clonmacnoise.

Galway,Ireland
Destination Expert
for Galway
Level Contributor
1,676 posts
180 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Dublin to Galway

Athlone is completely 'skipable' and underwhelming, i wouldnt be getting off the motorway for it.

5. Re: Dublin to Galway

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 August 2015, 05:17