We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How do I know which bus stop?

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
21 posts
1 review
Save Topic
How do I know which bus stop?

So while I'm staying in Dublin I will be taking the bus to visit St. Fintan's Cemetery. I'll have to transfer along the way. How will I know what the next bus stop is? Are they announced or displayed at all?

Dublin, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Dublin, Agadir
Level Contributor
4,817 posts
533 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How do I know which bus stop?

The thread below is something similar to your question so it should be helpful to you? Although it's an older post I think it's still relevant information .... I'm sure others will confirm. Not sure why you think you will have to transfer along the way?

tripadvisor.ie/ShowTopic-g186605-i90-k573682…

Edited: 16 August 2014, 19:32
Dublin
Level Contributor
1,864 posts
160 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How do I know which bus stop?

If you are going from the city centre, there will be no need to transfer bus, you get the #31A from Lwr. Abbey St.Ask the driver to let you know when you are at St Fintan's Cemetery.

If you are coming from some other part of the city, you would need to let us know so that we can advise if a transfer is necessary.

Not every bus announces the next stop, and I find that those that do announce, cannot be heard clearly.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
552 posts
159 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How do I know which bus stop?

St. Fintan's Cemetery will be stop 697 on the 31a route from the city. You can watch the numbers on the stops as you pass, there are also announcements made on buses, though the volume on them is sometimes low, so to be safe, ask the driver to tell you when you are at the cemetery. Coming back, you just wait at the stop on the cemetery side of the road.

It is about a 20-25 minute walk from Sutton Cross, which the 31 bus goes through, to the cemetery. Any local person will point you in the right direction.

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
21 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: How do I know which bus stop?

Thanks folks. Sounds like my best bet is indeed to get over to the 31a route, rather than catching the bus by where I'm staying (cows lane) and transferring. Thanks for the help.

Dublin
Level Contributor
1,864 posts
160 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: How do I know which bus stop?

Here's your walking route to the 31A - up along the river to O'Connell Bridge, which you then cross ove to O'Connel St, and take the first right into Abbey St (where the LUAS tram runs) - http://goo.gl/maps/pLWHZ

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
4,586 posts
184 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: How do I know which bus stop?

A Phil Lynott fan I'm guessing? Today would have been his 65th birthday. Enjoy your pilgrimage!

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
21 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: How do I know which bus stop?

Yes indeed - paying my respects to Philip, and I have been planning it since I was a little kid. I'm excited.

Ireland
Level Contributor
3,271 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: How do I know which bus stop?

It's been a while since I've used Dublin bus but I'm sure the driver will give you a shout when you arrive at the appropriate stop if you ask him to.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
2,463 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: How do I know which bus stop?

And to think that one of Phil's greatest songs was about missing the bus!

10. Re: How do I know which bus stop?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 August 2015, 07:16