We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best way to come and go from Penn State vs. UCF game?

Blue Bell...
Level Contributor
142 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
Best way to come and go from Penn State vs. UCF game?

We are staying at the Citywest Dublin and I've heard the traffic around Croke Park will be difficult on game day. Any advice on the best/fastest way to come and go from the stadium? Also, I heard some schools do a parade to the stadium, anyone know if PSU's Blue Band will be doing this? That would be awesome.

Destination Expert
for Dublin
Level Contributor
3,261 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Best way to come and go from Penn State vs. UCF game?

Get the red line Luas light rail from Saggart (right outside the grounds of your hotel) to Abbey Street or Busaras stops. You can walk to Croke Park in 15 mins from there.

Busaras is slightly closer but you will probably want to be in the city centre a bit earlier to soak up the atmosphere. Temple Bar area will probably be good fun.

Don't drive to the game. Out 2 main stadiums in Dublin are located in central residential areas with little or no parking. It's not like the US with the big car parks, tailgates etc. everyone goes to the pubs in town or near the stadiums beforehand (and after!) big games

Www.luas.ie

crokepark.ie/getmedia/ea7731ea-a7fa-485c-891…

Destination Expert
for Dublin
Level Contributor
3,261 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Best way to come and go from Penn State vs. UCF game?

It takes 45mins on the luas from Saggart to Abbey Street. The Jervis stop is best if you are going to Temple Bar before the game

Ventry, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Dingle Peninsula
Level Contributor
7,775 posts
147 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best way to come and go from Penn State vs. UCF game?

Book your hotel early. The last time there was a major American college football game here, hotel rooms were completely booked at months in advance

4. Re: Best way to come and go from Penn State vs. UCF game?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 18 August 2014, 14:49
Dublin, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Dublin, Agadir
Level Contributor
5,518 posts
542 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best way to come and go from Penn State vs. UCF game?

Are you sure you have to change on the way in to the city? If you get on the Luas (tram) at Saggart/City West, is it not a straight run in to the city? If you also make sure you get on a Luas from the city heading in the direction of Saggart, there should be no need to change either? ...... I could be wrong???

Destination Expert
for Dublin
Level Contributor
3,261 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Best way to come and go from Penn State vs. UCF game?

My apologies, I believe Prof Sparrow is correct, it is a direct service from Saggart/Citywest into the city so no need to change. I haven't been on the red line in a while but now that you mention it I remember the trams were going towards both Tallaght and Saggart from the city centre

I will delete my previous post to avoid confusion

Edited: 18 August 2014, 14:48
Dublin, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Dublin, Agadir
Level Contributor
5,518 posts
542 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best way to come and go from Penn State vs. UCF game?

No worries irish_eyes1000, I just wanted to clarify it with you. :)

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
4,591 posts
184 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Best way to come and go from Penn State vs. UCF game?

Have you looked at this website www.crokepark.ie/crokeparkclassic/home.aspx lots of events planned including PSU's Blue Band which will perform in the CHQ Building and on Grafton Street. There's also details of pep rallies and tailgating.

Edited: 20 August 2014, 16:16
Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
68 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Best way to come and go from Penn State vs. UCF game?

We're staying outside of the city and taking the train in. I heard there might be a shuttle to the game, if not, I think there is a metro or light rail stop nearby. The Penn State alumni page has details of events.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
4,591 posts
184 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Best way to come and go from Penn State vs. UCF game?

There's a complimentary shuttle bus from the tailgate party (is that the correct way to say it?) to Croke Park. Bus Aras Luas (Tram) stop and Connolly Dart Station are both about 15 minute walk from the stadium.