We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel Bookings thru 3rd parties

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
29,646 posts
546 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel Bookings thru 3rd parties

Has anyone use them for booking rooms and hotels in Dublin? If so, were you ever denied what you booked or had a bad experience? I was thinking of using EuropeanDestinations which has flights and hotels included for both of my destinations.

England, United...
Level Contributor
1,772 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel Bookings thru 3rd parties

I have used Booking.com for hotels in Ireland - no problems at all and better prices than booking direct with the hotel( which is always my first option) Friends have used otel.com for trips to Europe, and again, no problems and good prices.

One word of warning, check the terms and conditions re cancellations, as often there is no free cancellation if you use a third party site. Many ( not all) hotel bookings can be cancelled for no charge up to 24 hours before you check in.

Ennis, Ireland
Level Contributor
4,247 posts
224 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel Bookings thru 3rd parties

I use booking.com or hotels.com all the time for hotels all around Ireland.

I find lately that a lot of hotels are cheaper to book direct, but it is easy to do the comparisons.

I don't know anything about European Destinations, but my son uses Expedia a good bit for flight and hotel packages.

County Dublin...
Level Contributor
27,941 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel Bookings thru 3rd parties

Would only use if ABTA bonded and pay with cc.

Belfast
Level Contributor
2,304 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel Bookings thru 3rd parties

Booking, com is my agent of choice, Like all the booking sites they have rack rates which are normally cheaper than the hotels own booking rates.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
4,586 posts
184 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel Bookings thru 3rd parties

I've use www.booking.com and www.hotels.com, regularly and have never had a problem. Always check the hotels website too though, you'd be surprised! Just back from Italy and stayed in two hotels, one booked through booking and the other was cheaper on the hotel's own site.

6. Re: Hotel Bookings thru 3rd parties

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 August 2015, 05:15