We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Busaras to the carhire collection point on Lombard street

London, United...
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
Busaras to the carhire collection point on Lombard street

I am arriving into busaras early morning with two senior citizens and 2 kids having been on the ferry from Holyhead. I need to collect a hire car from Lombard street. Is this a short walk which I could do and leave the others at the station and pick them up after my car collection?

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
2,613 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Busaras to the carhire collection point on Lombard street

Lombard St is 10 minutes walk or so, you'll have to drive a slightly longer route via Pearse St to get back because of one way streets.

Dublin
Destination Expert
for Dublin
Level Contributor
4,799 posts
276 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Busaras to the carhire collection point on Lombard street

It is not a difficult walk really. If the others could manage it it would be a lot easier for you. As Gaelflyer says the area is a maze of one way traffic systems.

http://hittheroad.ie/#from=Bus%C3%A1ras+Bus+Station,+Store+Street(53.349921,-6.251968)&to=Lombard+Street+East,+Dublin(53.34545,-6.24845)

Dublin
Level Contributor
2,372 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Busaras to the carhire collection point on Lombard street

Would it be worthwhile for everyone to hop into a taxi for the short trip to Lombard St. East? You could set off on your journey straight away without having to head back to Busaras first. There are very few places to pick people up around the station and traffic in the area can be busy as a couple of major routes converge there.

Dublin, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Austria
Level Contributor
20,872 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Busaras to the carhire collection point on Lombard street

basically lombard st is just across the liffey from busaras. so no problem. just a short stroll. have a look at google earth. and as for two senior citizens? i assume that they are like me, and not averse to a short walk. if they are incapacitated, then maybe they should wait while you collect your car. the rental company will tell you exactly how to return to busaras, it is only a few minutes drive.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
162 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Busaras to the carhire collection point on Lombard street

You could get a taxi straight there from the port rather than waiting on the bus to busaras and then getting a taxi there.

Is there any chance the rental company would bring the vehicle to the port? Might be worth asking, all they can say is no.

Dublin
Level Contributor
1,873 posts
165 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Busaras to the carhire collection point on Lombard street

If you do opt to collect the car yourself and return to Bus Aras to collect the others, this is your driving route from Lombard St back to Bus Aras - http://goo.gl/maps/Y8uvu . You mention 'early morning' so you may hit the rush hour traffic on that route.

7. Re: Busaras to the carhire collection point on Lombard street

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 September 2015, 06:15