We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

eating out

Which Dublin hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
ireland
Level Contributor
30 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
eating out

hi. I've got friends coming over this weekend. I would like to take them somewhere nice but not too expensive. somewhere with a nice atmosphere and maybe close to temple bar/liffey so we can then slowly make our way back to st stephens green (luas).

Eliza blues looks nice and I've seen an italian the other side of the liffey. not sure of its name but its directly across from eliza blues.

any suggestions?

Ireland
Level Contributor
679 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: eating out

cafebardeli on Georges street might be a good option. Its got a good buzz on weekend nights.

Slightly more upmarket is Brasserie Sixty6, they have a website so you can check prices- its quite trendy at the minute. The market bar has good tapas and is quite a cool bar.

Carmarthen Wales
Destination Expert
for Carmarthenshire, Ceredigion, Pembrokeshire
Level Contributor
3,199 posts
142 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: eating out

check out boccachia italian in dame street, nice meal, good atmosphere, and a quiet walk back to the green

dave

Genoa, Italy
Level Contributor
374 posts
190 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: eating out

it's Boccaccio

18 Dame Street Dublin 2

... too difficult Italian name, isn't it? ;-)

Genoa, Italy
Level Contributor
374 posts
190 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: eating out

the other one is

http://www.brasseriesixty6.com/

what the local experts think abous ELIZA BLUES??? is it expensive? is it good?

the restaurants you wrote about, are expensive? more or less how much euro/person?

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
246 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: eating out

I would highly recommend Dunne & Crescenzi onSouth Frederick Street, 5 mins walk from Luas at Stephen's green. They have 2 locations a couple of doors away from each other. Similar menu in both. Very reasonable prices by Dublin standard and great food and wine. Good buzzy atmos. One drawback .. no bookings for under 6 people. But people stand and wait - you can sit outside, weather permitting.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
14 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: eating out

The Italian on the other slife of the river you mention is Bar Italia - yum yum. Owned by the same people as Dunne and Crescenzi. Dunne & Crescenzi is also yum, but I'd think it's more of a lunch place than a dinner place.

I like Odessa (odessaclub.ie) in Dame Court (beside the Stags Head) too. Menus are on the site so you can see what they've got, and the prices.

Both thedubliner.ie & adlib.ie give reviews of Dublin resturants.

ireland
Level Contributor
30 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: eating out

well i think its brasseriesixty6 fri night and bar italia sat night. look forward to trying them out. I'll have to try out the others on another night, they all look so good xx

ireland
Level Contributor
30 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: eating out

just found another one that looks good.

BLEU BISTRO MODERNE

anybody been there?

Ireland
Level Contributor
679 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: eating out

I think Bleu is supposed to be pretty good- I havent eaten there but it comes from the "One Pico" dynasty, which is one of the best restaurants in Dublin- same owner, but a more bistro/ casual dining setting.

Its in a very hip area of Dublin, so you could go for dinner, and then hop across the street to one of the many uber-cool bars across the street.

ireland
Level Contributor
30 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: eating out

that sounds a very good idea mullmick