We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sunday Lunch in Dublin

Cumbernauld
Level Contributor
32 posts
48 reviews
Save Topic
Sunday Lunch in Dublin

Hi

We are going to Dublin for the last weekend in January and would love to take my aunt and uncle who live there out for Sunday Lunch.

As they are a bit elderly, can anyone suggest somewere central that provides good food in relaxing surroundings?

Also, we shall have the Friday and Saturday (26th &*27th), can anyone suggest somewere for a good night out for a couple in their 40's - a nice meal perhaps and a few drinks. (We are staying at Jury's Ballbridge)

Thanks

Jo

Dublin
Level Contributor
16 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sunday Lunch in Dublin

Do you want to go local to your aunt and uncle? What part of town are they in?

Your hotel would be good for Sunday Lunch.

For Friday/Saturday night you should head for Grafton St/Wicklow St area (easy 30 min walk from Jury's). Loads of restaurants and bars and a good buzz. I can recommend Venu restaurant, but you will need to book in advance (tel +3531 6334077).

Cumbernauld
Level Contributor
32 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sunday Lunch in Dublin

Thanks for the info.

They live in the Finglass area which is in the north of Dublin (I think!) and they do have someone who can bring them into the centre.

Jo

Dublin Ireland
Level Contributor
1,469 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sunday Lunch in Dublin

The Berkley Court Hotel in Ballsbridge does a beautiful Sunday lunch. It is served in The Palm Court Café. The hotel dining room is bright and airy and tastefully decorated. Tea and coffee is served with a selection of chocolates.

There is also a nice quite lounge bar that is nice to relax in before your meal or afterwards.

jurys-dublin-hotels.com/berkeleycourt_dublin

The Berkeley Court *****

Lansdowne Road, Dublin 4, Ireland

Tel: (+353 1) 665 3200 Fax: (+353 1) 661 7238

Cumbernauld
Level Contributor
32 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sunday Lunch in Dublin

Thanks, that sounds great as it is just round the corner from were we are staying, i will look into it.

Jo

dublin
Level Contributor
237 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sunday Lunch in Dublin

thers a vry nice restaurant clos to your hotel called Roly's(www.rolysbistro.ie)It has always had a great reputation but you may need to book as its always popular specially at weekends.as was said already if you head for Grafton /Dawson/George'sStreet areas ,there are lots of pubs and restaurants.Walk 10 mins further and you are in Temple Bar with even more Bars and Restaurants(my fav bar isThe porterhouse,www.portethousebrewco.com)It also has the best bar food!Also the SHACK Restaurant is a nice Restaurant in Temple Bar(www.shackrestaurant.ie)

Ireland
Level Contributor
679 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sunday Lunch in Dublin

I would absolutely second the recommendation for Rolys- great value for lunch, and a great dining room... you will need to probably book around now to get a table- they have a website if you google them.

You can ask for a table downstairs (most of the tables are in the upstairs dining room) for Sunday lunch.

There are a number of good restaurants in that area that may also be suitable for Fri/Sat night. There is a cuban place I have always wanted to try beside rolys called "Bella cuba"- I think. Another suggestion would be the Schoolhouse at the bottom of Northumberland Road- about 10 minute walk from Jurys- good bar, with reasonable barfood.

Cumbernauld
Level Contributor
32 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Sunday Lunch in Dublin

Thanks for the info - I have had a look at the website for Roly's and I am impressed - I am going to try and book it.

Also, my husband is convinced that there is a street in the centre of Dublin which is a bit like Rose Street in Edinburgh, in that it is nothing more that pubs and restaurants. He thinks is may be Leesam Street. Is this the case and if so can anyone tell me were it is and is it worth visiting?

Thanks

Jo

Ireland
Level Contributor
679 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Sunday Lunch in Dublin

IHi.. in terms of name you are thinking of Leeson Street, but its mainly full of wine bars, and strip joints, and members only clubs in the basements, with solicitors offices up top.

I would suggest that South Great Georges Street, is a little bit like this, on the pub and restaurant stakes, and of course the Temple Bar area too which is FULL of bars and restaurants. Baggott Street (which runs parrallel to Leeson street) has also quite a few bars and restaurants..

Cumbernauld
Level Contributor
32 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Sunday Lunch in Dublin

Mullmick

Thanks for the info, it sounds as though Leesom St is to be avoided. Am i right in thinking that Baggott St is the one you walk along to go from Jury's into town?

Jo

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
246 posts
132 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Sunday Lunch in Dublin

Again, I think your best bet i sRoly's . Close to your hotel also. It is supposed to be one of the best deals for Sunday lunch in Dublin . Another lovely place if you decide to go into the city centre is the Tea Rooms at the Clarence Hotel. Although usually very expensive again their Sunday lunch menu is good value and in beautiful surroundings if you want to impress the uncle and auntie.