We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Royal Marine Hotel

Which Dun Laoghaire hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Wexford
Level Contributor
10 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
Royal Marine Hotel

I had a problem with this hotel in that I paid the balance for my stay in cash in advance as requested but the receipt I was given did not match my payment. I only discovered this on check out when I had to pay half of what I had already given them again. It was certainly a mistake on my part not to check the receipt when it was first issued and maybe a mistake on behalf of the receptionist. I have paid for it.

Has anyone else had any similar experiences paying cash at this hotel?

Western Ireland...
Destination Expert
for Loughrea, Southport, Clifden, Connemara
Level Contributor
18,386 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Royal Marine Hotel

Did you not think to get a receipt for the cash you paid. and are you sure the extra was not for Breakfasts if you had rightly or wrongly been booked as room only guests.

In either case you should contact the Hotel Manager. Call the hotel and when the receptionist tells you they can deal with your enquiry simply say that it is a matter on the fine detail of a possible booking and you need to speak with the manager themselves.

Wexford
Level Contributor
10 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Royal Marine Hotel

I paid the balance due for 2 nights B&B after a deposit had been paid to an agent. I was told the full amount had to be paid if in cash, or my credit card could be validated. I was happy to do pay by cash at the time.

I have rung twice now to speak to the manager, he has been engaged or at a meeting. I posted my second letter to him yesterday. I have spoken to other members of staff and the booking agency have contacted the hotel on my behalf.

When I first realised what had happened I was told the cash may have been overbanked, no one has yet told me this has not happened but I presume ,as the money was paid on 1st August they would have ascertained this by now.

I know I should have checked the receipt- the change was correct . It was foolish of me, I have never had a problem like this before . I just hope it does not happen to someone else. I will certainly take the time to carefully check my receipts in future

Western Ireland...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
18,386 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Royal Marine Hotel

Unfortunately Persistence is sometimes the only option. Wright this in post as a review which I am fairly sure gets some degree of monitoring by many hotels.

Wexford
Level Contributor
10 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Royal Marine Hotel

Tony2phones you are right. The matter has been resolved.

Western Ireland...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
18,386 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Royal Marine Hotel

Good for you..now all I have to do is keep pestering Samsung to get the washing machine fixed, only been waiting 3 days for the service engineer.

6. Re: Royal Marine Hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 February 2015, 17:17
Get answers to your questions about Dun Laoghaire