We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Leaving Dingle/Kerry, Heading to Connemara area.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Topic
Leaving Dingle/Kerry, Heading to Connemara area.

In 2 1/2 weeks (eeek!) we are leaving Dingle/Kerry area, doing the ferry at Tarbert, on to Cliffs of Moher and the Burren. From there we will head into the Connemara area for a night's sleep, and will do Connemara National Park, sky road and possible Kylemore Abbey the following day, then on to Galway for the night. I know, that is going to be one heck of a long day. Any suggestions on the best town to stay so our drive/day isn't any longer than it needs to be? Looking at the Letterfrack/Clifden/Moyard areas, but please suggest anything you think is best.

Any B&B recommendation in the area is great too.....7 adults.

Thanks, I think you lovely TA folks are helping me plan just about everything!

6 replies to this topic
Ventry, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Dingle Peninsula
Level Contributor
7,584 posts
139 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Leaving Dingle/Kerry, Heading to Connemara area.

Of those you mention Clifden would by choice. However, it is a very long haul from Dingle. I suggest you stay in Galway before heading for Connemara

Cavan
Destination Expert
for County Cavan
Level Contributor
4,526 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Leaving Dingle/Kerry, Heading to Connemara area.

I would agree with soonas, you will be passing by Galway on your way to Connemara, so it makes sense not to return back there.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Leaving Dingle/Kerry, Heading to Connemara area.

So, it would be a good idea to stop in Galway for 2 nights and just do a day trip to Connemara day trip? Is Galway the best area to stay, then?

I was looking into the Salthill area. We would love to have beautiful views, and to stay in a B&B that is close to some good nightlife....more traditional music and good food, less club type area. But would prefer-and this is probably the least important- if the B&B was a bit more private too, like a more B&B than a hotel. And if that isn't enough to ask, we can't afford to spend much more than 35-40 Euros per person/night. (so about $100 US). The Claremont? Abhog B&B? Sunrise? Any of them fit the bill?

Cannot thank you enough!

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Leaving Dingle/Kerry, Heading to Connemara area.

Arrrgh, I'm too late Claremont is full

england
Level Contributor
5,438 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Leaving Dingle/Kerry, Heading to Connemara area.

7 is a large group for any B and B and you have left it late to book, you may have to consider hotels and larger guesthouses at this stage. I would agree that it will be best to stay two nights in Galway or surrounds.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Leaving Dingle/Kerry, Heading to Connemara area.

Thank You, I think I am going to post as a seperate Galway B&B post. Hopefully I will get some more specifics.

Thanks!

Reply to: Leaving Dingle/Kerry, Heading to Connemara area.
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted