We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ballynahinch Castle restaurants

Centerton, Arkansas
Level Contributor
75 posts
198 reviews
Save Topic
Ballynahinch Castle restaurants

We will be staying here for an overnight in a few weeks. Have not been able to find a review of the restaurants here. Is the restaurant for dinner good, or should we opt for the pub? I understand it is remote and so we will probably eat here for dinner, but would welcome a review!

Western Ireland...
Destination Expert
for Southport, Connemara, County Clare, Portumna
Level Contributor
19,510 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ballynahinch Castle restaurants

Both good so its down to which menu suits..

Alternatives would probably come in from Vaughans or O'Dowds in Roundstone or maybe the Cashel House Hotel just down the road.. Then Clifden for Off The Square, Marconi and good pub grub in several places,

County Dublin...
Level Contributor
27,769 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Ballynahinch Castle restaurants

I've only eaten in the bar. It's a cosy room with a big open log fire and excellent food.

The restaurant is located to the rear of the house. It's a beautiful room with stunning views, crisp linen and silver service.

Centerton, Arkansas
Level Contributor
75 posts
198 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ballynahinch Castle restaurants

Thanks for your responses. I imagine we will want to stay put for the evening so I will be sure to leave a review of wherever we eat! And also thank you for the recommendations in Roundhouse and Clifden- we will be in the area exploring during the day too so will check those out!

Western Ireland...
Destination Expert
for Southport, Connemara, County Clare, Portumna
Level Contributor
19,510 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ballynahinch Castle restaurants

Of possible interest http://goo.gl/maps/L5ihu

County Dublin...
Level Contributor
27,769 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Ballynahinch Castle restaurants

I'd dine in the bar if I were you. A most convivial space.

Centerton, Arkansas
Level Contributor
75 posts
198 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Ballynahinch Castle restaurants

Thanks so much for the great map tony2phones- it will help with our exploring. We are leaning towards the bar- we will be exploring as we go so our arrival time is fluid!

7. Re: Ballynahinch Castle restaurants

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 May 2015, 06:16
Get answers to your questions about County Galway
Recent Conversations