We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Galway to Malahide

Mumbai, India
Level Contributor
256 posts
74 reviews
Galway to Malahide

Hi I will be going from Galway to Malahide. Prefer a bus trip. I have checked the options and find that there is no direct connection to Malahide. I need to change at Dublin airport for a bus to Malahide, or take a taxi from the airport. Am I correct? and is the bus change convenient at the airport or do I have to move to another terminal?

Thanks

10 replies to this topic
wichita,ks
Destination Expert
for Wichita
Level Contributor
1,881 posts
51 reviews
1. Re: Galway to Malahide

Take the bus from Galway to the Dublin airport and then a taxi to Malahide. Short walk from where the bus drops you off to the taxi stand. Only about a 10-15 minute taxi ride to Malahide.

Edited: 18 May 2018, 17:52
Dublin
Level Contributor
1,861 posts
12 reviews
2. Re: Galway to Malahide

Take a Bus Éireann bus to Busáras in Dublin, then a DART train, destination Malahide, from Connolly station.

Mumbai, India
Level Contributor
256 posts
74 reviews
3. Re: Galway to Malahide

Thanks Partickh,, Can you recommend any bus company from Galway that would be the fastest? Eireann I have experienced during this stay in Ireland takes a longer route and is also a bit expensive. How much would a taxi from Dublin airport to Malahide cost?

Thanks again

wichita,ks
Destination Expert
for Wichita
Level Contributor
1,881 posts
51 reviews
4. Re: Galway to Malahide

The one I have used is www.gobus.ie I "think" the taxi would cost about 12-15 Euro. It is less that 10E to Swords and Malahide is not much further.

Dublin, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Austria
Level Contributor
26,461 posts
80 reviews
5. Re: Galway to Malahide

taxi from airport to malahide costs 17€

Mumbai, India
Level Contributor
256 posts
74 reviews
6. Re: Galway to Malahide

Thanks ag5an to all. Well noted

Dublin
Level Contributor
1,861 posts
12 reviews
7. Re: Galway to Malahide

DART to Malahide is €3.30.

Mumbai, India
Level Contributor
256 posts
74 reviews
8. Re: Galway to Malahide

I have 2 medium size bags and that drags me down with regards to changes. So looking for the easy way out

Presently touring Ireland. Tks again

Dublin
Level Contributor
1,893 posts
177 reviews
9. Re: Galway to Malahide

With those two bags, then a bus to Dublin airport and taxi to Malahide would be the easier option in my opinion, rather than trying to get from Bus Aras to the DART station and then from Malahide station to wherever you are staying

Mumbai, India
Level Contributor
256 posts
74 reviews
10. Re: Galway to Malahide

Yes. Have decided on a bus to Dublin airport than a taxi to Malahide. Thanks

Reply to: Galway to Malahide
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Galway
Recent Conversations