We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Petra house B&B

Which Galway hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Wellington, FL
Level Contributor
33 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Petra house B&B

Has anyone stayed there or knows of anyone who has?

If so, how was it?

It's gotten really great reviews.

ireland
Level Contributor
6,266 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Petra house B&B

me being from galway, I have to say no, I haven't stayed there. I have read lots of good posts on it.

Regarding the reviews.

I use this tip - I only will trust the reviews from people that have a "posting history" i.e. people that come for two weeks holiday and has posted on lots of different things regarding the holiday.

I will not trust a "one post" review. i.e. people that supposedly have been here for a couple of weeks holiday, yet the only thing they post on is one b and b. That sounds a bit fishy to me.

to check the history, just click on the posters name in the review and you will get a history of their posts.

Des Moines, Iowa
Destination Expert
for Des Moines
Level Contributor
505 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Petra house B&B

Hi Jetsfan001:

I just returned from a trip to Ireland and stayed at Petra House for 3 days. The excellent reviews are well warranted. The owner/operators provide outstanding hospitality, the location (perhaps 3 - 4 blocks from the city centre) is extremely convenient and surprisingly quiet at night, the breakfast is great, etc., etc. As you can tell, I highly recommend Petra House. We had great experiences everywhere we stayed, but Petra House was the best of them all.

I will definitely return to Petra House on my future trips to the Galway area.

Wellington, FL
Level Contributor
33 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Petra house B&B

Hi Whales,

Thanks for the tip on how to track a poster's history. I didn't know how to do that and I think it's really good info.

Hi Prairiedog,

Thanks so much for letting me know about your experience at Petra House...Unfortunately for me, they don't have availability on the day that I'm going to be in Galway.

Does anyone have another B&B suggestion in Galway?

It would be most welcome!

Des Moines, Iowa
Destination Expert
for Des Moines
Level Contributor
505 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Petra house B&B

I'm so sorry that you won't have the opportunity to stay at Petra House, but there may be some decent alternatives nearby. There are about 10 - 12 B&Bs within a block or two around Petra House. Two that seem to have mostly positive ratings on TripAdvisor are Four Seasons and Ardawn Guest House.

Good luck! I hope that you enjoy Galway as much as we did!

Wellington, FL
Level Contributor
33 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Petra house B&B

Thank you Prairiedog :)

I'll check those two reviews.

Oud-Turnhout...
Level Contributor
121 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Petra house B&B

I have stayed at Four Seasons last year. It was a good B&B, above average, but also no more than that. My first choices were St Martin & Petra House, but both have no vacancies. Notice however that I have no real complaints about Four Seasons, at contrary, they were very helpful, it was clean, and they had a nice breakfast.

Folsom, California
Level Contributor
368 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Petra house B&B

We just got back from Ireland (yesterday) and spent two days, over Paddy's Day, at Petra House. Our stay was outstanding and Frank (our host) was a joy. He even offered to pick us up downtown if we had too much shopping "baggage." Breakfast was wonderful and we slept well.

We stayed at B&B's from Dublin, Kilkenny, Kinsale, Dingle, and Doolin, and, save fro Dublin, followed TA's picks and we were not disappointed. Petra House's reviews are, in my opinion, well-justified.

Oh - and ask Frank about the Papayas he grows out back. ;)

-Dan

8. Re: Petra house B&B

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 September 2009, 09:20
Get answers to your questions about Galway