We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gariem.. help

Dayton, Oh
Level Contributor
161 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Gariem.. help

Gariem,

Looked up the hotel accomodations you recommended.. geez louise...$120 pps is a little steep for our budget per night. We like those $30 pps bed and breakfasts but there are sooo many of them. Can you check with some of your buddies friends and counterparts and see if anyone has any first hand knowledge of any of the B&Bs in the area. We have pretty much everything else in the works but Galway is becoming a problem. We want to be able to get to Galway without all those nasty parking problems but don't have to stay in the city.

Level Contributor
796 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Gariem.. help

Hi again, Check out these ;

www.townandcountry.ie, click on the galway city link, then look at GalwayGrattan rd area. I 'd go with High Tide from this list, From Galway city/whitestrand go with Roncalli house or Rock lodge, From Galway/lower salthill look at Adria.

These ones I know are good. The others are probably fine too but these would be the best. They are all within walking distance from the city. HighTide has a great view of the bay. They are all around the 60 to 65 euro mark.

Another one , not on this website is Lawndale Mrs Margaret Walsh 091 586676 (00353 91 586676. This would be an excellent one but I can't find it online, so I don't know the price. It's probably the same as the others.

You can park there (and don't get me started on this one) and walk in to town via the Claddagh or Fr Griffen Rd in 15 /20 mins.You are also within the same distance of Salthill and the prom and you will have a great view. So have a look at these and see if you make any progress. Yes they are a lot cheaper then the city centre hotels and eliminate the car issue. Keep in touch , there are more if you strike out on these. :0)

Dayton, Oh
Level Contributor
161 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Gariem.. help

My friend from galway.

Do you know if Roncelli house has it's own website.. I know it's silly but town and country wants to charge me $4 to book my room.. I'd rather go someplace where I can leave a deposit and pay when I get there. I found all kinds on town and countrys website but they all require upfront payment of billions of dollars... You know of any that have their own website?

Level Contributor
796 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Gariem.. help

You've probably seen this review

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g186609-d215267…

frommers.com/destinations/galway/H24800.html

I cant find mention of a website. You could call them and book the room and either post a deposit or give them a credit card number. Does the $4 come of your bill or is it a charge for making the booking?

Level Contributor
796 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Gariem.. help

Phone /fax 091/584159 Use00353

ireland
Level Contributor
6,266 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Gariem.. help

try Adare Guesthouse in Galway city - five minutes from the city - has its own parking and some great reviews - think its a lot cheaper than 120 pps also.

I think the website is

www.adarebedandbreakfast.com

ireland
Level Contributor
6,266 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Gariem.. help

try adare guesthouse - galway city - five minutes walk from the city

www.adarebedandbreakfast.com

ireland
Level Contributor
6,266 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Gariem.. help

sorry posted twice again- takes a while to show and I think I haven't done it right. sorry

canada
Level Contributor
12 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Gariem.. help

Stay at the Amber B and B. It is on College St and was spotless clean, cheap, small but cozy adn a great breakfast. The host was nice and left you alone. There is a nice front room to sit in.

Humptulips...
Level Contributor
3,287 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Gariem.. help

Gariem- Miss ya.:-(