We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel Meyrick-Did anyone have a positive experience?

Boston
13 posts
Save Topic
Hotel Meyrick-Did anyone have a positive experience?

I will be staying at the Meyrick for 4 nights next week and one of us is on permanent crutches. We are musicians and tend to be night owls...like to eat, drink, and have fun! The Hotel Meyrick was recommended by a former musician but after reading the reviews, I am apprehensive to stay there!!!! Any feedback would be appreciative. RiaBoston

ireland
Level Contributor
48 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel Meyrick-Did anyone have a positive experience?

You have no worries the place is great and the staff nice. It is the best located hotel in the city perfect if restricted mobility as you are in the heart of the crack.

Lancashire, England
Level Contributor
30 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel Meyrick-Did anyone have a positive experience?

Is that as good as being in the heart of the craic?

India
Level Contributor
27 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel Meyrick-Did anyone have a positive experience?

Location is very good ...i have not stayed but my friend stayed i saw it from outside was looking ok..

Perfect location

ireland
Level Contributor
6,266 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel Meyrick-Did anyone have a positive experience?

the meyric is at the top of the town at eyre square. I would suggest if you want to be in the heart of things that you might try the spanish arch hotel or the house hotel. Both of these are in the "heart" of galway - the centre of craic, music, and atmosphere. You will probably be making your way down to this end of town even if you do stay at the meyrick. Why not just settle there in the first place (quay street area) and it will save your friend all that walking on crutches.

the house hotel

the spanish arch hotel

also, there is Jurys hotel just 10 seconds walk away from quay street.

make sure you check out the crane bar when you are in town - its about five to seven minutes walk from quay street and this pub is definitely the HEART of great music in galway.

Ireland
Level Contributor
2,664 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel Meyrick-Did anyone have a positive experience?

I stayed there and did not have a positive experience.

The price was ok for me as It was midweek and I was on my own.

The breakfast was mediocre for a hotel of that standard. The rooms were very large and comfortable save for some diastrous carpentry around the doors and the ceiling cove and electrical socket hanging out of the walls.

The walls in the en suite rooms are miserable thin and you could hear everything from next door.

The noise outside the lifts were everybody congregated was quite bad so I asked to be moved. The front desk manager told me she was shocked as "NOBODY has every complained about the noise". I was moved anyway because I was not taking that excuse as I wanted some sleep.

The GYM is really not much to write home about. Miserly amount of ancient machines up on the top floor side annex.

The only positive experience was having my car valet parked, the location and the view of Eyre Square. The internet connection was not too bad also.

ireland
Level Contributor
6,266 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel Meyrick-Did anyone have a positive experience?

yes you are right - it can get a bit noisy due to the fact that it is basically attached onto the train / bus station and you could be woken up by deliveries very early in the morning

7. Re: Hotel Meyrick-Did anyone have a positive experience?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 February 2010, 05:17