We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Galway will be buzzing this weekend

Which Galway hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
ireland
Level Contributor
6,266 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Galway will be buzzing this weekend

For anyone wondering what to do this weekend, then come to Galway. As I speak the Docks is being set up with stage and stalls (just like Volvo Ocean Race) as the Powerboat Racing is coming in this weekend and staying for ten days.

Also stages are being put up around the town for the "little Havana" Weekend, full of cuban music, parades, dance, etc.

If you have nowhere to go this bank holiday weekend head to Galway - tops for craic.

Enjoy

Little Sutton...
Level Contributor
2,178 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Galway will be buzzing this weekend

Sounds fun,have a nice sober weekend Whales!

Ennis, Ireland
Level Contributor
3,965 posts
202 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Galway will be buzzing this weekend

I will be in Galway on Monday so I will definitely check it out.

Thanks whales

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
569 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Galway will be buzzing this weekend

Whales, have you heard about this Galway project yet? It's an online magazine which was designed and compiled over one weekend last March.

It covered arts, photography, interviews, articles, fashion and food, among other subjects.

It was intended to be a snapshot of Galway life, as it happened. They even had graffiti artists do a mural on Shop Street. All contributors gave their time free of charge, completely non-profit.

The Saw Doctors are even donating the proceeds from a gig to cover the cost of creating a printed version of it.

facebook.com/pages/…409709324664

http://issuu.com/48hours/docs/48hours

ireland
Level Contributor
6,266 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Galway will be buzzing this weekend

ya I have heard about it and I actually attended the show last night to support it - by the way the show was brilliant. the new songs sound fab - I just wish that I could buy them somewhere. Brilliant night.

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
1,171 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Galway will be buzzing this weekend

whales - re: Saw Doctors I keep waiting for them to announce when/where/how we can get the new album, they played a few new songs in Boston as well and we loved each and every note.

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
18 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Galway will be buzzing this weekend

Sounds great! We are staying in Galway this weekend! how expensive is Galway? What would you say a pint of lager costs on average? cheers!

ireland
Level Contributor
6,266 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Galway will be buzzing this weekend

i asked them could I buy the new CD at the show and they told me it wasn't out yet - they said that it would be out in the summer sometime - if I hear anything I will let you know (i didn't ask them personally as they were on stage but I asked one of their workers).

ireland
Level Contributor
6,266 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Galway will be buzzing this weekend

tambo, depending on where you are drinking it could be anywhere from 4.00 Euro to 5 Euro. Bear in mind, the Quay Street Area now will be jammed tonight and over the weekend - they are putting barriers up already because of the little havana festival - don't know whether they will add some cents onto the pint this weekend - Also head to the docks - the powerboats are in - they are huge gorgeous things. Stalls are set up for various snacks, drinks, crafts etc - will be great. Check out Bar 8 if you can get in. If you walk over the bridge to the "left bank" you will find the prices cheaper - around the 4.00 mark. have fun this weekend.

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
18 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Galway will be buzzing this weekend

We're back now, cheers for the advice. Loved Galway, saw the boats from the beach at Salthill!

10. Re: Galway will be buzzing this weekend

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 December 2010, 06:30