We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dress Code Galway Races

leeds
Level Contributor
11 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
Dress Code Galway Races

My boyfriend and I are in Galway for the races on the monday and tuesday evening. Is the dress code more casual at the begining of the week , Many thanks in advance

Co. Kildare
Destination Expert
for Ireland
Level Contributor
8,676 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dress Code Galway Races

To be quite honest, I don't know. But if it was me going to the races I would dress "casual elegant". I used to go to the Fairyhouse Races over Easter and I always dressed in a suit or skirt and jacket. Hubby would always wear a tie with nice slacks and jacket and shirt.

But maybe nice, clean jeans are acceptable nowadays?

I'm sure someone else will be of more help.

Saginaw, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Western Ireland
Level Contributor
7,772 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Dress Code Galway Races

In case you want to enter the 'Best Dressed Lady' (or, Best Hat!) competition later in the week, here are some previous winners from various race meetings throughout Ireland:

www.goracing.ie/Content/HRI/hrifashion.aspx…

Bring some rain gear or an umbrella, maybe?

Galway, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Galway
Level Contributor
1,963 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dress Code Galway Races

Hi Rugbyfan

Wear what you will be comfortable to the races. Monday and Tuesday are the evening meets so you often get people coming straight from work to the races so they will be casually dressed.

The big dress up day is Thursday which is ladies day. On any other day casual is the way most people go - that said, some people do dress up for all the days, just go with what you will be most comfortable with.

leeds
Level Contributor
11 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Dress Code Galway Races

Thanks all for your answers

Little Sutton...
Level Contributor
2,180 posts
139 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Dress Code Galway Races

Absolutely wear whatever you are comfy in,as has been said there seems to be an increase in 'posh' outfits on the Thursday for Ladies day,we were there 2 years ago on the Wednesday,the only dry day of the week,very sad when watching Ladies day on the TV in our room to see all those lovely outfits getting soaked!

We are not really race fans but the atmosphere was fantastic & we thoroughly enjoyed it,you will have a great time!

6. Re: Dress Code Galway Races

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 January 2011, 06:17