We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

shops open on Sunday Aug. 22?

Which Galway hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
San Diego, Cal.
Level Contributor
136 posts
110 reviews
Save Topic
shops open on Sunday Aug. 22?

I'll be in dublin for work 8-15 to 27. I plan to take the train after work on Friday 8-20 to Galway. I wanted to look around town do a bit of shopping and just experience Galway one day and take a coach tour out to the CLiffs of Mohr the other day. I thought it better to do the tour on Sat. in case it is running late so I do not miss the train back to Dublin on Sunday but am afraid much of Galway will be closed on Sunday. Thoughts?

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
5,243 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: shops open on Sunday Aug. 22?

Most shops in Galway will be open from 12-6pm.

Actually the city is usually very busy on Saturdays and Sundays!

Galway, Ireland
10 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: shops open on Sunday Aug. 22?

Galway City's always very lively on Sundays. Shops, bars, restaurants open. Street musicians etc all working. Best locations on and around Shop Street and the Spanish Arch. Easy for shopping/sight-seeing and enjoying the atmosphere as everything is in walking distance. Most restaurants and bars on Shop Street have outdoor tables so also good people-watching opportunities. Hope you enjoy this fantastic place.

3. Re: shops open on Sunday Aug. 22?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 February 2011, 05:17