We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

An evening of food, dance, and entertainment

Which Galway hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Illinois
Level Contributor
141 posts
60 reviews
Save Topic
An evening of food, dance, and entertainment

In July I'm taking a mixed group of high school students and teachers/adults on a tour of Ireland (the southern half). We are considering reserving an evening for food, dance and entertainment. Trad on the Prom in Galway has been suggested but there are other groups similar to this one. Can anyone give me their opinion? Obviously, I want my group to immerse themselves in the culture of Ireland and so I am wondering if Trad on the Prom is THE ONE to go see! Thanks all! :0)

Galway,Ireland
Destination Expert
for Galway
Level Contributor
1,665 posts
176 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: An evening of food, dance, and entertainment

It probably suits what ye are looking for but in my opinion its just a tourist trap rip off type thing. You would have as much if not better fun by booking one of the many good restaurants in town and going to a pub for a session after. Just my opinion.

Galway, Ireland
Level Contributor
2,551 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: An evening of food, dance, and entertainment

Hi

I ve seen the show and I ve sent my parents with 2 friends to watch it in Sept 2010. they were impressed and happy about the show.

I would go for the show only and get food somewhere else..

(at the time they were playing @ the Salthill Hotel)

when are you caoming in July?..last edition of the Volvo Race, Trad on the Prom have played

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3k0jKgiyiOs

Maybe they will again this year

http://www.letsdoitgalway.com/

Edited: 28 March 2012, 16:11
Saginaw, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Western Ireland
Level Contributor
7,300 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: An evening of food, dance, and entertainment

When in July will your visit to Galway take place?

galwaytourism.ie/pgalway-events-calendar.html

Illinois
Level Contributor
141 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: An evening of food, dance, and entertainment

First, thanks to all who have responded! Our group will be in Galway July 21 and 22.

Galway, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Galway
Level Contributor
1,963 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: An evening of food, dance, and entertainment

You will be here for the Arts festival so - this years line up of events are not released yet - but the link below has some of last years performers. Plenty of other options for Irish / trad entertainment here also:

www.galwayartsfestival.ie/programme.php…

6. Re: An evening of food, dance, and entertainment

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 April 2013, 10:42
Get answers to your questions about Galway