We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

One month in Ire, what should I do?

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
54 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
One month in Ire, what should I do?

I am planning on coming to Ireland for the month of June and would like to stay in one town, on the water, rent a room (something simple - above a pub even) and relax. Ideally I can find something to do, I.e. volunteer or something similar part time. I am taking a sabbatical from work and just want to experience the beauty of Ireland that my ancestors did. Any suggestions on towns, room of rent or volunteer opportunities? Thamks - I really don't know where to begin and would love guidance.

Galway,Ireland
Destination Expert
for Galway
Level Contributor
1,762 posts
182 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: One month in Ire, what should I do?

As you are in the Galway forum i'll recommend our town, right on the water, a city with a small town feel and size. Loads of pubs, restaurants, shops etc.

Try daft.ie for accommodation and boards.ie for all kinds of suggestions on any topic really.

Western Ireland...
Destination Expert
for Southport, Connemara, County Clare, Portumna
Level Contributor
19,877 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: One month in Ire, what should I do?

As a follow up to an answer already given,,see

tripadvisor.co.uk/…32788128

Cavan
Destination Expert
for County Cavan
Level Contributor
4,535 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: One month in Ire, what should I do?

Lucky you, one place to chill out for a month and away from the un-civilised world, try Keel, Achill Island, Co. Mayo foe sea, sand and sunshine: www.achilltourism.com

Edited: 30 April 2012, 13:53
Ireland
Level Contributor
58 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: One month in Ire, what should I do?

Check out this website for volunteering opportunities all over the country www.volunteer.ie

Western Ireland...
Destination Expert
for Southport, Connemara, County Clare, Portumna
Level Contributor
19,877 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: One month in Ire, what should I do?

http://www.wwoof.ie/noticeboard

6. Re: One month in Ire, what should I do?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 June 2013, 10:41