We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Galway ongoing photos/trip report/blog

Which Galway hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Chicago, IL
Level Contributor
145 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Galway ongoing photos/trip report/blog

I'm in Galway for several weeks, this is the first blog post I've done on on this part of my trip - eatdreamtravel.com/2012/06/galway-salthill-b…

It's mostly photos so I can't really post much here, but this is the text:

I can't believe I haven't posted anything about Galway yet. We've been here over a week now! We are staying in an apartment right by the water in Salthill, which is a beach resort type area just a 15-20 minute walk from the heart of Galway city. It's a cute little "town," if you want to call it that, with a main street of stores and restaurants, a few pubs, a few more B&Bs, and the "prom" - where people walk/jog along the ocean.

We are staying at the Arus Grattan apartments, and ours is lovely, although it's definitely set up for short term visits as opposed to long ones. It has a balcony and a view of the ocean, so I'm happy.

The weather here can change on a dime - one moment it's dark and windy, with storm clouds threatening, and the next the sun has broken through, and you wish you hadn't worn such a heavy jacket. I took pictures one evening out on the prom, when the weather was more like the former, but while it might not be so pleasant to stand out in, but it's pretty to look at.

More to come soon!

Chicago, IL
Level Contributor
145 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Galway ongoing photos/trip report/blog

And my day in the Aran islands: eatdreamtravel.com/2012/06/aran-islands-day-…

Baltimore, Maryland
Level Contributor
3,339 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Galway ongoing photos/trip report/blog

really nice photos !!!

Winthrop, Washington
Level Contributor
127 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Galway ongoing photos/trip report/blog

Wonderful! Looking forward to hearing more of your adventures as we are planning on spending some time around Galway next summer ourselves. Details details! ( and have LOTS of fun!)

Chicago, IL
Level Contributor
145 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Galway ongoing photos/trip report/blog

Thanks! I posted a lot more on my blog but never posted the links here.

Check out:

Our day in Connemara: eatdreamtravel.com/2012/06/connemara-cows-sh…

Trip to Cliffs of Mohr and the Burren:http://www.eatdreamtravel.com/2012/06/cliffs-of-moher-and-burren.html

Restaurants in Galway: eatdreamtravel.com/2012/06/galway-restaurant…

The Music Scene: eatdreamtravel.com/2012/07/craic-galways-mus…

More photos of Galway: eatdreamtravel.com/2012/06/galway-town-photo…

5. Re: Galway ongoing photos/trip report/blog

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 July 2013, 05:16