We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dun na Coiribe apartments

Which Galway hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Indy
Level Contributor
42 posts
Save Topic
Dun na Coiribe apartments

My daughter will be a post grad student at Nui-Galway in late August. I plan on flying over in a couple of weeks to set up lodging. Budget is not a huge concern but safety and convenience are. She's quite fit and a reasonable walk won't be much bother. Are these apartments adequate? Several are available. She will not have a roommate at least for now. Is Internet set up separately? I plan on getting essentials and some appliances there.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Jerry in Indianapolis

Galway, Ireland
Level Contributor
2,554 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dun na Coiribe apartments

Hi Jerry,

the best thing to do would be write to the Accommodation office in Nuig

http://www.nuigalway.ie/accommodation_office/

Galway, Ireland
Level Contributor
2,554 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dun na Coiribe apartments

I found this, if you wonna read it

www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php…

Galway,Ireland
Destination Expert
for Galway
Level Contributor
1,688 posts
180 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dun na Coiribe apartments

Dun na Coiribe is fine, full of students during the year, im fairly sure the Gort na Coiribe part of the estate has official links with NUIG too.

Indy
Level Contributor
42 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Dun na Coiribe apartments

Is Gort na Coiribe nicer than Dun na Coiribe? Is it much farther to walk?

Thanks!

Galway,Ireland
Destination Expert
for Galway
Level Contributor
1,688 posts
180 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Dun na Coiribe apartments

They are in the same estate as such, Gort na Coiribe is about two years newer but there is little difference.

Ennis, Ireland
Level Contributor
4,121 posts
209 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Dun na Coiribe apartments

My son stayed in Gort Na Coiribe for two years and he was happy there.

As rojo says, Gort is in the same estate as Dun so there is little between them.

They are both well located for walking to the college and also within walking distance of town.

Usually it is quite difficult for Irish students to get accommodation in either of these, but I think they hold back a certain amount of accommodation for post grad and non Irish students.

I guess the best thing to do is look at both when you get here and make a decision then.

As already suggested, it is a good idea to contact the accommodation office at NUIG as well.

7. Re: Dun na Coiribe apartments

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 July 2013, 10:17