We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Accommodation Close to Galway City Center

Pittsburgh
Level Contributor
281 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Accommodation Close to Galway City Center

My husband and I are looking for accommmodation close to Galway City (able to take city bus to town and back) at a reasonable rate for 3 nights in late September.

My husband has some issues with mobilty so places close to bus stops or even in city center would be ideal.

Also, I read that Galway has hop on/off buses similiar to the ones in Dublin but can't seem to find any real information on them.

Maryland
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas, Washington DC, County Donegal, Western Ireland
Level Contributor
54,156 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Accommodation Close to Galway City Center

What kind of accomodation? Hotel? Hostel? B&B?

What do you consider a "reasonable rate"? Do you know the exact dates of your visit?

Sorry to answer a question with another group of questions, but could really use more info.

Some info on the "hoho" bus:

http://www.lallytours.com/citytour.html

Pittsburgh
Level Contributor
281 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Accommodation Close to Galway City Center

Thanks IrishFan.

We're hoping to be in Galway City 9-21 through 9-24.

Reasonable rate would about $120 to $140 upper limit in a B&B or hotel, hopefully including the irish breakfast as well.

I looked already on the site and found Marless House and have sent an inquiry to them. I also looked on the Galway City bus website and it seems near the Upper Salthill route but then I thoguht it might be a bit deceiving as far as the walk to a bus stop. Again, hubby has some problems walking.

I'll check the link you so gracitiously included after posing this.

How do you post links on this site? I tried earlier and could not get the site to become a link.

County Dublin...
Level Contributor
27,367 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Accommodation Close to Galway City Center

I'd stay here.

www.parkhousehotel.ie/

Galway,Ireland
Destination Expert
for Galway
Level Contributor
1,730 posts
182 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Accommodation Close to Galway City Center

The Huntsman, Flannerys, both have bus stops outside the door/across the street. City Centre has loads in your price range just follow the reviews.

Galway, Ireland
Level Contributor
38 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Accommodation Close to Galway City Center

i would try jurys in spanish arch its right in the middle of the city www.jurysinn.com

Doncaster, United...
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Accommodation Close to Galway City Center

I have stayed at the Parkhouse twice and will be there next weekend, it really is the best hotel you could wish to find and right in the centre just round the corner from the bus station.

Doncaster, United...
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Accommodation Close to Galway City Center

I have stayed at the Parkhouse twice and will be there next weekend, it really is the best hotel you could wish to find and right in the centre just round the corner from the bus station.

Ashford Kent
Level Contributor
3 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Accommodation Close to Galway City Center

I stopped in Deacy's 27 Costello Road Galway. Lovely comfortable little B and b. Right opposite the hospital as the bus stop is which will take you right into the centre of Galway. Or its a 10 minute walk

www.DEACYSBB.COM or phone 091525576

Huntsville, Alabama
Level Contributor
5,443 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Accommodation Close to Galway City Center

I agree with the Park House, we too have stayed there two times and will continue to use that as our 'go to' lodging in Galway.

Birmingham, AL
Level Contributor
539 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Accommodation Close to Galway City Center

Wish I could tell you! We are staying at the Marless House in June for four days.

Get answers to your questions about Galway