We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cliffs of Moher and the Burren

Flower Mound, Texas
Level Contributor
21 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Cliffs of Moher and the Burren

We are renting a car and will be in Galway for 2 days. Do you recommend a guided tour of the Cliffs and the Burren or is it something we can do on our own?

Thanks!

Galway,Ireland
Destination Expert
for Galway
Level Contributor
1,728 posts
182 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cliffs of Moher and the Burren

If you have a car then theres no need to go to more expense with a tour. The drive down is no more than 1 hour 30 mins from the city.

West Haven, Utah
Level Contributor
1 post
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cliffs of Moher and the Burren

You can do it all on your own if you have your own car. The Cliffs of Mohr has a visitor center and your hotel can give you a map of the roadway circle through the Burren, with the attractions pointed out on them. I also recommend taking the ferry to the Aran Islands. The shops by the ferry dock have the best prices for souvenirs. Book the ferry the day before and try riding bikes on the island for the half the day.

kentucky
Level Contributor
205 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cliffs of Moher and the Burren

You can do them both very easily on your own.

Western Ireland...
Destination Expert
for Southport, Connemara, County Clare, Portumna
Level Contributor
19,331 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cliffs of Moher and the Burren

www.dochara.com/tour/itineraries/burren-tour/

…activeboard.com/t50055177/n59-galway-route/

http://goo.gl/maps/L5ihu

Flower Mound, Texas
Level Contributor
21 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cliffs of Moher and the Burren

Thank you! You all have been very helpful!

Annapolis, MD
Level Contributor
67 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cliffs of Moher and the Burren

Hello! I was reading your post researching our upcoming (in 2 weeks!) trip to Ireland, and I was hoping you could help me with more detail regarding the Cliffs of Moher and the Aran Islands. We have scheduled a bus to take extended family to the Cliffs of Moher and then the Burren for the afternoon (we are staying in Adare). Is it possible to to ferry over to the Aran Islands, bike ride, then go to the Burren? Or is it too much? What ferry should we take to Aran? Bike shop there? Thanks for any help you could give me!!

Galway,Ireland
Destination Expert
for Galway
Level Contributor
1,728 posts
182 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Cliffs of Moher and the Burren

You can rent bikes on Inis mor at the ferry port. If you are going from Doolin then Inis Oirr is the easiest to get to. If going from Galway then its Inis Mor. Burren and Aran in one day isnt feasible, in my opinion.

8. Re: Cliffs of Moher and the Burren

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 June 2014, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Galway