We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Aran Islands, Cliffs of Moher and the Burren

Which Galway hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Flower Mound, Texas
Level Contributor
21 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Aran Islands, Cliffs of Moher and the Burren

Is it possible to see all of this in a day and a half? Are the ferry tickets to the Aran Islands available the day of travel? Thank you!

Arlington, Virginia
Level Contributor
11,821 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Aran Islands, Cliffs of Moher and the Burren

You need at least a full day for Inishmore. You can see the Cliffs in an hour or so. You could make a quick drive through parts of the Burren in a couple of hours, but you won't see much that way.

We were in this area a couple years ago and spent 4.5 days, so I'd recommend a lot more than 1.5 days.

Galway,Ireland
Destination Expert
for Galway
Level Contributor
1,666 posts
176 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Aran Islands, Cliffs of Moher and the Burren

If you have a car you can, otherwise no not really, bus times for the Cliffs are limited and as said above Aran is a full day.

Western Ireland...
Destination Expert
for Loughrea, Southport, Clifden, Connemara
Level Contributor
18,110 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Aran Islands, Cliffs of Moher and the Burren

Depends what you want from the Arans and which Island..we take visitors to Inis Oirr from Doolin and the combi cruise under the Cliffs the Cliffs themselves are only an hour's visit if you have to see them from above..

www.buseireann.ie/pdf/1284376006-423.pdf

http://www.obrienline.com/timetable.html

If you are aiming for Inis Mor which is what most people do then a day trip from Galway is the way to go, I personally wouldn't recommend InisMor from Doolin

All that said it depends on your whole itinerary where to fit the visit to Moher.

Flower Mound, Texas
Level Contributor
21 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Aran Islands, Cliffs of Moher and the Burren

Thank you!!!

Boston...
13 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Aran Islands, Cliffs of Moher and the Burren

Tony, why would you not recommend Inis Mor from Doolin? We were planning on doing that trip with O'Brien and hitting the cliffs on the return. Now you have me wondering if we should change it up, but the other days in Galway we already have booked...

Western Ireland...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
18,110 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Aran Islands, Cliffs of Moher and the Burren

Its a long way on a small boat. If the weather is right then fair enough but it can get a bit choppy.

Boston...
13 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Aran Islands, Cliffs of Moher and the Burren

Ah, I see. Thanks! I typically have no issues on the water, but not so sure about my travelling partner. If the weather is not favorable, do you feel there will be enough to do on Inis Oirr to make it worthwhile?

Sorry to derail the thread!

Western Ireland...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
18,110 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Aran Islands, Cliffs of Moher and the Burren

It is a valid consideration for the thread...Christina would not be a happy bunny spending 90 minutes on even a slight swell. 40 minutes from Rossaveal in a larger boat is more comfortable. 25/30 minutes to Inis Oirr from Doolin is a good bit easier.

A good blog for Inis Oirr travelhag.com/2013/…

Ennis, Ireland
Level Contributor
3,965 posts
202 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Aran Islands, Cliffs of Moher and the Burren

I envy all you good boat travellers because even the 30 minutes to Inis Oirr is too much for me:-)

We have to drive up to Inverin and fly over!!

10. Re: Aran Islands, Cliffs of Moher and the Burren

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 July 2014, 06:18
Get answers to your questions about Galway