We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Park House Hotel

Chicago, IL
6 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Park House Hotel

Are there any recommendations for a hotel similar to the quality of Park House Hotel? We are planning a trip to Ireland/Scotland for our honeymoon Aug 12-25. However we just discovered that because we booked directly through the hotel we are being charged $100 more than what we would have been charged if we booked through expedia for the same exact room.

I am currently corresponding with them in an attempt to receive the expedia rate but in the event that they refuse, I'd like to look at other options in the interim as staying with at a hotel that would charge extra to book through their website is ridiculous to me. It's not about the $ as we are staying at higher end hotels throughout the entire course of our trip; it's more so about the service aspect. My fingers are crossed that they come through as I've heard so many rave reviews on here about them and I was really looking forward to staying there. But, in the event that doesn't happen...does anyone have any suggestions as to an alternative to Park House?

Thanks in advance!

Chicago, IL
6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Park House Hotel

Call it pre-honeymoon jitters but everything worked out just fine!

All of the reviews about Park House Hotel are spot on -- GREAT service and I highly recommend to anyone. If I could delete the original post, I would...I'm that pleased!

New York
Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Park House Hotel

You will like the Park House no matter what it costs! My wife and I stayed there this past April and it was a pleasant suprise. We are returning to Galway over the Labor Day weekend and will be staying at the Park House again. I've booked both times directly with the Hotel website and you are right, it is more expensive, but you don't get charged until you arrive (except for a small upfront service charge) while the other discount sites charge your credit card immediately.

An alternate would be the Galway Great Southern Hotel about a block away..........

Boston...
Level Contributor
1,598 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Park House Hotel

Chicagogal2006,

We stayed at the Park House last year and I cannot say enough wonderful things about our stay there. We were a family of 5 (siblings plus in-laws) on our 1st visit to Galway. We had the most wonderful stay at Park HOuse. The staff cannot do enough to please you. Food is fabulous also. The breakast is unbelieveable. They even cooked special omelets for us!

I did just check out their website because I didn't read your 2nd post and noticed that they do offer special rates in August. We had a 2 night special and it included a full breakfast both mornings and one dinner. We loved our stay there so much that we booked another 2 night stay and they gave us the special rates for those nights also.

You will not regret your stay there. Happy honeymoon!

P.S. The desserts are to die for! Scones are superb!

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
4 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Park House Hotel

Hi-The Park House is outstanding! I don't think there is a better hotel. We stayed there last September for 3 nights and we couldn't say enough about the service, beautiful rooms, and wonderful meals. Just fab! The old "Great Southern" used to be the grand dame and is down the street. I can't remember its new name since they were sold. The problem is, that hotel is that Eyre Square is right across the street from the front entrance and it becomes a hangout for parties and is very noisy. The Park House is warm, friendly and very romantic and quiet. Hey, it's your Honeymoon! Go for it! If you can shuffle your time, perhaps add a day and they might give you a better package. Also did you tell them you are on your honeymoon? There is also a nice trad pub just across the street (An Pucan) which makes it convenient.

We will be returning again in September and can't wait--I won't even consider another hotel!

Have a great time on your honeymoon! I'm telling you...you will love it!

5. Re: Park House Hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 September 2009, 13:18